This post contains affiliate links.
You can never have enough fat bomb recipes! I'm always looking for good ones that offer me more than just a fat boost, so I decided to try one with some added protein. These taste like a coconut cookie dough protein fat bomb.
I've recently discovered some new products that I am obsessed with. The first is ChocZero Keto Bark. It comes in a few flavors but the Dark Chocolate Hazelnut is my favorite. For this recipe, I decided to chop some up instead of using sugar-free chocolate chips. ChocZero is not only sugar-free but has no sugar alcohols and no artificial sweeteners. It is sweetened with a unique monk fruit and fiber blend. Did I mention that it is SO GOOD!? Their sugar-free chocolate is my favorite and I've been impressed with all of their products. They also make sugar-free syrups.
The other product that I've been using a lot is the Naked Nutrition Naked Whey. They make one that is unflavored so I can put it into recipes like this or baking recipes without having to worry about a vanilla or chocolate flavor. This Naked Whey is 100% grass-fed and is low carb. I always seem to have trouble finding good whey protein that is also low carb so I was super excited to find this one.
When you're making fat bombs there are a few things that I like to keep on hand. Coconut oil is a great way to get extra fat in your diet in case you are not hitting your macros for the day. Using coconut is one of my favorite methods because I love the flavor. This recipe is really simple and I threw them together in a few short minutes.
I like to soften my coconut oil because it helps blend all of the ingredients much better. Especially if you are using a sweetener that needs to be dissolved. I popped the coconut oil in the microwave for 20 seconds and then started adding in the rest of my ingredients. Before you add the chocolate I would make sure that the coconut oil has cooled to room temperature. I stirred my mix a lot to make sure the Naked Whey didn't leave any clumps behind.
I like to use silicone molds for my fat bombs because it puts them into the perfect portion sizes. If you mix is still a little runny this makes it easier as well. Then I just pop the whole tray into the fridge to cool and harden completely. I live in the South where it's always hot so they live in the fridge so they don't melt. Coconut oil at room temperature in Georgia means oily hands!
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 4 scoops <a href="https://jamonkey.com/NakedWhey">Naked Whey Protein unflavored</a>
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flake
- 2 tsp erythritol see note
- 1/2 cup <a href="https://jamonkey.com/ChocZero">Choc Zero Hazelnut Keto Bark</a> chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a small pot or in the microwave for 20 seconds until coconut oil is softened.
- Combine the erythritol into the coconut oil and stir to dissolve.
- Add Naken Whey protein powder in and mix to make sure there are no clumps.
- Add coconut flake and chocolate when the mix is at room temperature and not hot.
- Spoon into your favorite silicone molds or into balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cool until fat bombs have hardened.
- Store in a cool dry place.