This post contains affiliate links.
You can never have enough fat bomb recipes! I'm always looking for good ones that offer me more than just a fat boost, so I decided to try one with some added protein. These taste like a coconut cookie dough protein fat bomb.
I've recently discovered some new products that I am obsessed with. The first is ChocZero Keto Bark. It comes in a few flavors but the Dark Chocolate Hazelnut is my favorite. For this recipe, I decided to chop some up instead of using sugar-free chocolate chips. ChocZero is not only sugar-free but has no sugar alcohols and no artificial sweeteners. It is sweetened with a unique monk fruit and fiber blend. Did I mention that it is SO GOOD!? Their sugar-free chocolate is my favorite and I've been impressed with all of their products. They also make sugar-free syrups.
The other product that I've been using a lot is the Naked Nutrition Naked Whey. They make one that is unflavored so I can put it into recipes like this or baking recipes without having to worry about a vanilla or chocolate flavor. This Naked Whey is 100% grass-fed and is low carb. I always seem to have trouble finding good whey protein that is also low carb so I was super excited to find this one.
When you're making fat bombs there are a few things that I like to keep on hand. Coconut oil is a great way to get extra fat in your diet in case you are not hitting your macros for the day. Using coconut is one of my favorite methods because I love the flavor. This recipe is really simple and I threw them together in a few short minutes.
I like to soften my coconut oil because it helps blend all of the ingredients much better. Especially if you are using a sweetener that needs to be dissolved. I popped the coconut oil in the microwave for 20 seconds and then started adding in the rest of my ingredients. Before you add the chocolate I would make sure that the coconut oil has cooled to room temperature. I stirred my mix a lot to make sure the Naked Whey didn't leave any clumps behind.
I like to use silicone molds for my fat bombs because it puts them into the perfect portion sizes. If you mix is still a little runny this makes it easier as well. Then I just pop the whole tray into the fridge to cool and harden completely. I live in the South where it's always hot so they live in the fridge so they don't melt. Coconut oil at room temperature in Georgia means oily hands!
Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Fat BombsPrint
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 4 scoops <a href="https://jamonkey.com/NakedWhey">Naked Whey Protein unflavored</a>
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flake
- 2 tsp erythritol see note
- 1/2 cup <a href="https://jamonkey.com/ChocZero">Choc Zero Hazelnut Keto Bark</a> chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a small pot or in the microwave for 20 seconds until coconut oil is softened.
- Combine the erythritol into the coconut oil and stir to dissolve.
- Add Naken Whey protein powder in and mix to make sure there are no clumps.
- Add coconut flake and chocolate when the mix is at room temperature and not hot.
- Spoon into your favorite silicone molds or into balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cool until fat bombs have hardened.
- Store in a cool dry place.
I'm not a fan of a lot of sweeteners so you may prefer adding more erythritol or stevia to your recipe. It just depends on your taste. I think the keto bark also give an added boost of sweetness.