We generally have meat almost every night so I finally started making a few meatless meals to save some money and spare us from the same menu each week. This one was a huge hit with my husband who was very sad about meatless Monday. Plus I learned how to Chiffonade yesterday!
This is a great Summertime Pasta dish. It's light and very flavorful despite it's look. This is also a simple throw it together dish. The amounts don't have to be precise for it to taste amazing. You can play with the measurements to accommodate your taste buds.
- ½ Lemon
- 1 to 2 Cloves Garlic
- 4oz Spaghetti (This Recipe is best with Thin Whole Grain Pasta)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 to 6 Fresh Basil Leaves (chiffonade)
- 1 Yellow Squash (or 1 to 2 tomatoes chunked)
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Boil and prepare spaghetti.
- Mince your garlic and put it in a pan with the Olive Oil. Heat on Med- High Heat until the garlic starts to brown.
- While your garlic browns cut the Squash lengthwise very thing almost like spaghetti. Place into the pan with your garlic and olive oil and heat until slightly tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Pour in the olive oil, garlic, and squash mix. Squeeze the half lemon over all of the pasta and toss together.
- Add the Parmesan Cheese and Chiffonade Basil leaves and continue to toss until well blended.
Serve with garlic bread or bread with Olive Oil and herbs. Such a great dinner!