Sometimes I don’t want to share with my kids. After a day of telling them to share with one another, I just want to sit and eat a bowl full of yummy all by myself. Like a reward for making it through the day without screaming. This Lemon Raspberry Angel Food Cake Parfait is the perfect “winning at not sharing” treat to end your day.
What you will need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks lightly beaten
- 2 T grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 2 T salted butter softened
- Store bought angel food cake
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Optional: serve with whipped cream
- In a medium sauce pan, add the sugar and cornstarch. Wisk the dry ingredients to combine.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking the entire time until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and lemon zest. Stir continuously over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add the butter and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture over a strainer into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Tear the angel food cake into bite-size pieces.
- Fill the bottom of your parfait glasses with pieces of angel food cake.
- Spoon a layer of the chilled lemon pudding on top of the angel food pieces.
- Sprinkle fresh raspberries on top of the lemon pudding.
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the parfait glass.
- Optional: top off with whipped cream