Sometimes I don't want to share with my kids. After a day of telling them to share with one another, I just want to sit and eat a bowl full of yummy all by myself. Like a reward for making it through the day without screaming. This Lemon Raspberry Angel Food Cake Parfait is the perfect “winning at not sharing” treat to end your day.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 large egg yolks lightly beaten
- 2 T grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 2 T salted butter softened
- Store bought angel food cake
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Optional: serve with whipped cream
- In a medium sauce pan, add the sugar and cornstarch. Wisk the dry ingredients to combine.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking the entire time until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and lemon zest. Stir continuously over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add the butter and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture over a strainer into a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Tear the angel food cake into bite-size pieces.
- Fill the bottom of your parfait glasses with pieces of angel food cake.
- Spoon a layer of the chilled lemon pudding on top of the angel food pieces.
- Sprinkle fresh raspberries on top of the lemon pudding.
- Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the parfait glass.
- Optional: top off with whipped cream