Break out the butterbeer because we are making Maple Butterbeer Cookies perfect for any witch or wizard.
Butterbeer is a favorite in my world because, butterscotch! So good! Just in time for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, these cookies are the perfect treat for any Harry Potter themed parties. A delicious twist on a classic cookie.
I love that the Wizarding World is expanding past Harry Potter to introduce new characters and expanding on other characters backstories. Nagini makes an appearance in the upcoming film, and her story is going to be fascinating. The aspect of seeing Dumbledore's past is also one that I am looking forward to seeing.
Did you know that Newt Scamander is a Hufflepuff? So was Cedric Diggory (swoon).
Maple Butterbeer CookiesPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. butterscotch extract
- 1/2 tsp. butter extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Butterscotch baking chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tbs. pure maple syrup
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
BUTTERBEER COOKIE DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and shortening with on medium for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Continue to beat for two minutes.
- Add in the egg yolks, butterscotch extract, butter extract, and vanilla.
- Beat in flour.
- Remove from the stand mixer and add the butterscotch baking chips.
- Stir to combine.
- Using a small ice cream scoop shape dough into small balls.
- Cover your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough balls 3 inches apart on your baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove; cool on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with maple icing.
MAPLE ICING DIRECTIONS:
- In a small bowl stir together heavy cream, melted butter, and pure maple syrup.
- Whisk in powdered sugar.
PIN THIS RECIPE!