Pumpkin bread is a delicious treat in the fall. The addition of cocoa powder makes this marbled bread a great dessert option. Plus, it’s pretty!
What you will need
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5” loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, pumpkin puree, melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl of wet ingredients. Fold to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two bowls used. Add cocoa powder to one, and add the remaining ¼ cup of flour to the other. Stir to incorporate.
- Use a cookie scoop to create two horizontal rows of batter, alternating between pumpkin and chocolate scoops. Add a scoop of pumpkin, chocolate, then pumpkin on one side (horizontally). Add a scoop of chocolate, pumpkin, then chocolate for the second row. Tap the pan on the counter a few times to allow the batter to spread evenly in the bottom of the pan. Repeat this process with alternate batters on top - being sure to use all remaining batter.
- Use a skewer to swirl the batter into figure eights, creating a marbling effect in the loaf.
- Place loaf pan in preheated oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before enjoying.