We made some fun umbrella cookies to share for the upcoming release of MARY POPPINS RETURNS, coming to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ on Tuesday, February 26th. coming to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ on Tuesday, March 19th.
Enter to win a copy of the movie below!
In “Mary Poppins Returns,” Michael Banks — just a child when Mary Poppins first visited 17 Cherry Tree Lane — is now a grown man raising his children Annabel, John and Georgie with help from his sister Jane. Times are tough in Depression-era London but the winds begin to change and the enigmatic governess, whose unique magical skills can turn any ordinary task into a fantastic adventure, enters the lives of the Banks family once again, having not aged a single day.
Read all the great Mary Poppins Returns interviews here.
What you will need
- 1 Cup of unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 Cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Cookie Cutter: umbrella
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 Cup powder sugar
- Black gel food coloring
- 1 disposable piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 squeeze bottles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla and egg, and mix until combined and creamy
- Using a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed
- Using your hands continue to mix until fully combined
- Lightly flour a cutting board and knead the cookie dough a couple of times
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut out 12 umbrella's and place onto a cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Repeat steps until completely out of dough
- Let cookies cool completely
Royal Icing Directions:
- Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and powder sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form
- Mix in several drops of black gel food coloring and mix until combined and the color is the shade of black you want
- Scoop some black icing into the piping bag and set aside
- Mix in about 1-2 tsp of water to thin the icing
- Pour icing into the squeeze bottles
- Using the piping bag, outline the cookies in the black icing
- Using the squeeze bottle, fill in the cookies
- Allow cookies to dry overnight
- Using the piping bag again, pipe the details of the umbrella and allow to dry for 2 hours before enjoying.
I don’t have one yet.
“What is your favorite Mary Poppins Returns Song?” Alas, I haven’t seen the film yet so I don’t know!
I like Let’s Go Fly A kite.
I have not had a chance to see the movie yet, so I don’t know any of the songs. Although my favorite song from the first movie is chim chim cheree.
I haven’t heard any music from the new movie yet but I like Chim Chim Cheree from the original.
My favorite song is Chim Chim Cheree!
My favorite Mary Poppins song is ♫ Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ♫
Lets go fly a kite!! 🙂
I like a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down.
My favorite song is “Just a spoon full of sugar!” 🙂
My favorite Mary Poppins Returns Soundtrack is “Can You Imagine That”. This was a fun movie. I would love to watch it again.
I have not seen it yet but I like “Just a spoon full of sugar” from the original.
A spoon full of sugar.
A spoonful of sugar would probably be my favorite
I did see the movie but can’t remember any of the songs. So I need to win this to remember the songs.
Thanks for the contest.
I have not seen this movie yet, but I like A Spoonful of Sugar.
My favorite from the original movie is “Feed the Birds”.
I like “Can You Imagine That”.
I love A Spoonful of Sugar.
Tough to pick a favorite. The lost things sure does get me all choked up!