This holiday, share your Mickey love with these fun Holiday cupcakes. These Mickey Mouse Santa cupcakes are just too cute to ignore! Pop a bow on them and you have Minnie Mouse Mrs. Claus cupcakes.
Mickey Mouse Santa Cupcakes
What you will need
- 1 box of Triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 6 Cup powdered sugar
- 5-7 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Red gel food coloring
- 1 container of holly leaf Wilton sprinkles
- Sprinkle some powder sugar onto a cutting board
- Roll out the black fondant into 1/4 inch thickness and cut out 48 circles for the ears
- Allow to dry for 3 hours
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with the black cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla extract and stir until combined
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and mix on medium speed until combined and smooth
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag with the small star tip
- Mix in a few drops of red food coloring into the remaining frosting
- Scoop into the piping bag with the large star
- Frost cooled cupcakes with the red frosting
- Using the white frosting, pipe dollops of frosting onto the bottom of the white of the red frosting to make the rim of the Santa hat.
- Pipe a dollop of white frosting up top for the white ball of the Santa hat
- Push two ears into the sides of the hat
- Place two holly leaf sprinkles and 3 red ball sprinkles onto the lower corner for a holly decoration