Donuts are one of my favorite treats. Let’s make some cute Mickey Mouse-themed Halloween donuts that feature a spider and web. They are delicious to eat and share with family and friends.
What you will need
Donut Ingredients :
- 1 Cup flour
- ¼ Cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ Cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ Cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup canola oil
Icing Coating :
- 1 Cup green candy melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Mickey Ears :
- 1 package regular size Oreo cookies
- 1 Bag Ghirardelli chocolate wafers 8 oz, Save the remaining melted chocolate wafers for the spider webs
- 1 small container of black decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray donut pan with baking spray.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Add the milk, egg, vanilla, and oil in an additional mixing bowl. Beat until combined.
- Slowly begin adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Combine by mixing by hand.
- Fill a piping bag with the donut batter. Fill the donut wells with the batter. Smooth the top of the batter with a knife until it is even.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, flip the donut pan over to release the baked donuts.
- Separate the Oreo cookies. Scrape the cookie filling into a small bowl.
- Cut two slits in the top of the baked donut. (The slits should be the same size as the Oreo cookie halves.) (Position the slits as pictured)
- Melt the chocolate wafers by putting them in a small bowl. Microwave in 30 second segments until melted, checking after each 30 second segment.
- Dip one end of the oreo cookie into the melted chocolate. (Dip about ¼ of the cookie). (Set aside the remaining melted chocolate to use later.)
- Stick the chocolate cover end of the Oreo cookie in the slit in the donut. Hold for a few seconds to make sure the Oreo cookie won’t fall out. Place each completed Mickey donut on a wire rack.
- Add the green candy melts in a glass measuring cup. Place in a microwave for 30 second increments until completely melted. Pour the melted green candy wafers over the mickey donut.
- Cover all of the donut and ears with the melted green melts. Allow to dry.
- Remelt the Ghirardelli chocolate and scoop into the piping bag. Start by piping out the detail of a spider web by creating an X. Pipe a line through the middle of the X to create a star. Pipe half circles in between each line to create the web
- Using the black icing, pipe out some spiders to go on the web. Make a small dot on the donut. Add the head of the spider by making a smaller dot. Using the black icing draw 2 short straight lines on each side of the larger dot for the spider legs.
- Allow the frosting to harden before enjoying!