Cakesicles are a tasty treat to share and these Mickey and Minnie Mouse cakesicles can be made for any occasion if you have the right sprinkles! The outside is hard chocolate and the inside is delicious cake. All you need is a cake pop mold to form this awesome Mickey food.
Cakesicles recipes are a fun party food you can make instead of cupcakes or a traditional birthday cake. Cake Pops are easy to hold and can be decorated in lots of fun ways. As I mentioned before if you have different sprinkles and different colored chocolate you can make all kinds of themed cakesicles.
What you will need
Red Fondant Bow ingredients (Only need to make about 9 bows):
- 1 package of Wilton Red Fondant
- 1 Wilton bow fondant mold
- 1 C cornstarch
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 ¼ C of whole milk
- ½ C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 16 oz container of chocolate frosting
- 2 - 14 oz bag of Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers
- 1 C of your favorite Christmas sprinkles
- 1 cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- 1 cookie sheet with a wire rack
- 18 popsicle sticks
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Dust your hands and the fondant mold with cornstarch.
- Work the red fondant to where it becomes soft.
- Pinch off about 1 tbsp of the red fondant and mold it into the small size bow.
- Remove and place onto the cookie sheet. Allow to air-dry overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- Using a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, milk, butter, and eggs until combined and smooth.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ way full. Bake in the oven for 21 minutes.
- Allow to coo completely.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, remove them from their cupcake liners and crumble them into a large mixing bowl.
Making the cakesicle cake dough directions:
- Once all the cupcakes have been crumbles into moist sand-like texture, scoop in about ¼ - ½ C of the chocolate frosting.
- Using either your hands or a rubber spatula, mix in the frosting into the crumbs until a dough-like mixture forms.
- Remove 36 solid round chocolate melting wafers from the bag and set aside. These will be used to make the mouse ears.
- Using the remaining chocolate in the wafer bags, pour into a large bowl.
- Use a double boiler or a microwave, melt the chocolate in 30-second increments, mixing after each time to ensure smooth melted chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the melted chocolate into the cakesicle molds.
- Move the cakesicle mold around to ensure that the sides are coated in the chocolate.
- Carefully push in the popsicle stick into the bottom of the cakesicle mold.
- Place the mold into the fridge for about 10 minutes. Once the chocolate is set, remove from the fridge.
- Take about 1-2 tbsp of the cake mixture and carefully press into the mold, make sure the side of the chocolate does not break.
- Remelt the chocolate used to coat the cakesicle mold. Once the chocolate is remelted, spoon on about 1-2 tbsp of the chocolate onto the top of the cake mixture into the mold.
- Place mold back into the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cakesicle from the mold. Place onto the wire rack.
- Repeat steps with remaining cake dough.
Decorating Mickey and Minnie Directions :
- Using the remaining melted chocolate, spoon it into a piping bag.
- Carefully cut the bottom off of the chocolate rounds that were set aside earlier. You will want the bottom of the chocolate rounds to be flat in order to stick to the sides of the cakesicle.
- Cut the tip off the piping bag. Carefully pipe a line of melted chocolate onto the smooth bottom of the chocolate round.
- Carefully place the chocolate round onto the side of the cakesicle. Hold it there for about 30 seconds or more to make sure the round doesn't fall.
- Repeat steps to all of the cakesicles. Once that is completed, drizzle lines of chocolate onto the cakesicles
- Sprinkle some Christmas sprinkles onto the chocolate lines.
- Carefully remove the bows from the cookie sheets and place in the center of half of the cakesicles.
- Allow the chocolate to set before enjoying!