The witching hour is upon us. Break out your cauldrons and let’s brew a delicious peanut butter treat perfect for your next Halloween gathering.
Minnie Mouse Witch Cauldron Mousse
What you will need
Fondant Pieces ingredients
- 1 package of Purple Fondant
- 1 package of Orange Fondant
- 1 package of Black Fondant
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1 small bowl of water
Peanut butter cheesecake filling
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 – 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 C powdered sugar
Cookie Crumble Topping
- 1 C crushed oreos
- 1 C crushed golden oreos
- ¼ C unsalted sweet cream butter melted
Vanilla Frosting ingredients
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Neon green gel food coloring
- Using a cutting board, sprinkle some powdered sugar onto the board. Sprinkle some powdered sugar into your hands before working with the fondant to soften it.
- Roll out the purple fondant to ½ inch thickness. Using the witch hat cookie cutter, cut out 12 hats and place onto them the cookie sheet.
- Using the orange fondant, pinch off about ½ tbsp of fondant and press into the smallest bow mold. Create 12 bows and place them onto the cookie sheet.
- Using the rest of the orange fondant, roll it out onto the cutting board to about ½ in thick. Cut out 12 strips that are 1 ½ inch in length and 1 inch in width.
- Water is used as a glue when binding fondant pieces together. Dip your finger into the small bowl of water and gently run it along the middle of the back of the orange strip. Place the orange strip onto the purple hat. Cut off any orange fondant hangover on the hat.
- Gently wet your finger again and run it along the back of the bow. Place the bow in the middle of the orange strip on the witch hat.
- Set the witch hats aside and remove the black fondant from the package. Roll the black fondant out into ½ inch thick and use the circle cookie cutter to cut out 24 circles Set onto the cookie sheet as well and allow all fondant pieces to dry overnight.
Peanut butter cheesecake filling Directions
- Using a medium bowl and hand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar together until combined and smooth.
- Gently fold in the heavy whipping cream into the peanut butter mixture until smooth and combined.
- Scoop into the piping bag and set aside.
Cookie Topping Directions
- Combine the Oreos and melted butter into a medium bowl and mix until a moist sand like mixture forms.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream until combined, smooth, and stiff peaks form.
- Beat in 4 drops neon gel food coloring until combined. Scoop into the piping bag
Building the Cauldron
- Pipe about 3 tbsp of the peanut butter filling into the cauldron
- Sprinkle about 2 tbsp of the cookie crumble onto the top of the filling
- Using the frosting, frost the center of the truffle
- Place the witch hat into the center of the frosting
- Place one black ‘ear’ onto each side of the witch hat