To celebrate the upcoming movie, I made Missing Link Bigfoot Bars! They are tasty chocolate bars with a hidden surprise inside! It’s the missing link in the chocolate. Who doesn’t love a bigfoot recipe?!
Atlanta screening passes information below!
This April, meet Mr. Link: 8 feet tall, 630 lbs, and covered in fur, but don’t let his appearance fool you… he is funny, sweet, and adorably literal, making him the world’s most lovable legend at the heart of Missing Link, the globe-trotting family adventure from LAIKA. Tired of living a solitary life in the Pacific Northwest, Mr. Link recruits fearless explorer Sir Lionel Frost to guide him on a journey to find his long-lost relatives in the fabled valley of Shangri-La. Along with adventurer Adelina Fortnight, our fearless trio of explorers encounter more than their fair share of peril as they travel to the far reaches of the world to help their new friend. Through it all, the three learn that sometimes you can find a family in the places you least expect.
I love how cute these Missing Link Bigfoot Bars turned out. They look creepy but they are so tasty! Inside the bar is a pretzel, the missing link of the bar. I used regular pretzels because they look like links. The salt on the pretzel also gives it a nice balance between salty and sweet. The almonds are the toes of the foot, you slide them into the chocolate to look like toenails.
To complete the look of Mr. Link’s foot he needs some hair! That’s what makes him so heavy by the way. For the hair, I toasted some coconut to give it a brown color and sprinkled it along the rest of the foot, leaving a little bit of space for the toe area so it doesn’t get lost.
To make yeti feet, use white chocolate and plain sweetened coconut. You can use sliced almonds in place of full almonds to give them a lighter color.
We want you to experience Missing Link before it hits theaters. We have special screening passes for you and one guest. Each download will admit two people into the screening. Please plan to arrive early because they overbook these screenings to have a full house.
Atlanta Screening Details
Saturday, April 6th
Regal Atlantic Station
Missing Link Bigfoot Bars
What you will need
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 30 almonds whole
- 12 pretzels
- Place coconut on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil
- Toast in a toaster oven for one minute. If you're using the over I suggest 300 degrees, F. Move and flip coconut to toast evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place almonds in a row like toes and draw a foot around them. Remove the almonds when the template is complete.
- Place milk chocolate chips into a disposable piping bag or a re-sealable storage bag. Close and microwave in 30-second intervals. Flip and squish the bag to melt the chocolate evenly.
- Snip the end of the piping bag and pipe chocolate around the template and a little in the middle of the foot.
- Place two pretzels into the chocolate. Leave space at the top for the almonds.
- Cover the pretzels with chocolate.
- Slide almonds into the chocolate at the top to look like toes.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut onto the bottom of the foot to look like hair.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has set.