Make your favorite cartoon dragon, Mushu from Mulan, into a tasty rice crispy treat.
The live-action Mulan comes to Disney+ on September 4th with Disney Premier Access. Unfortunately, we won't get to see Mushu in the film, but we can still celebrate his funny character. Mulan is such an inspiring story based on the Chinese folklore story of Hua Mulan. Mushu was a Disney addition in the animated feature.
These Mushu rice crispy treats are a great addition to a themed Mulan party. Rice crispy treats are one of those versatile desserts to decorate in fun ways. It's always a good idea to have some fondant on hand if you like decorating desserts.
Let's get decorating!
What you will need
- 12 rice crispy treats
- 1 container of red fondant
- 1 container of blue fondant
- 1 container of yellow fondant
- 1 tube of white cookie frosting
- 1 tube of black cake frosting
- 1 tube of red cake frosting
- 1 cutting board
- 1 fondant rolling pin
- 24 toothpicks
- Unwrap rice crispy treats and place onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle cutting board with powder sugar.
- Place red fondant onto a cutting board and roll out into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place 1 rice crispy treat onto the cutting board next to the fondant.
- Carefully lift the red fondant over the rice crispy treat and smooth the sides down so that the fondant nicely covers the rice crispy treat. Repeat steps with remaining rice crispy treats.
- Using the red cake frosting, pipe dollops on the top corners and the middle for Mushu's red horns and nostrils.
- Using the white frosting pipe dollops for the eyes.
- Using the black frosting, pipe small dollops for the pupils.
- Use the white frosting again and pipe two small dots on the eyes.
- Using the blue fondant, pinch off about 1 tsp of fondant and roll into a ball. Roll the ball into a rounded cone for Mushus's blue horns. Repeat 24 more times
- Push a toothpick into each blue horn. Push two toothpicks into the top of Mushu's head
- Roll out the yellow fondant onto the cutting board. Cut out 36, 1-inch triangles and allow them to dry out for 30 minutes.
- Lightly get your finger wet and run it along the bottom of 3 triangles and place two triangles on either side of the blue horns.
- Place one triangle standing straight up in between the eyes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before enjoying!