September 3, 2015 — Thrilling family fun is in the works, as Six Flags Over Georgia today announced the all-new DC SUPER FRIENDS themed area and the all-new Bugs Bunny Boomtown for the 2016 season. The two new areas will feature 12 rides and attractions, in what will become the perfect family destination spot within the Thrill Capital of the South.
“These two new sections of the park will offer families hours and hours of fun with attractions mom, dad and the kids can experience together,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “This latest expansion continues our multi-year plan to provide thrills for guests of all ages and includes the addition of Hurricane Harbor in 2014, two new devious rides in Gotham City in 2015 and other additions planned for the future.”
The original Dolphin Show area, which has remained at the park since the 1990’s, will be transformed into the epicenter for the all-new DC Super Friends kids’ area and will feature 5 new attractions, including:
- Superman Tower of Power, which releases the dare devil in the bravest of souls throughout this 65-foot tall bouncing thrill ride;
- The Batcopters, an opportunity to help save the City of Gotham by flying high in the sky;
- Wonder Woman Flight School, where pilots can take flight and control their own invisible jet;
- Harley Quinn Mirror Maze, filled with disproportioned mirrors and devious stares; and
- The Joker Funhouse Coaster, the ultimate family thrill ride to show no fear and conquer the Super-Villain through 900 feet of track at 30 miles per hour.
The park’s current children’s area, Bugs Bunny World, will be re-themed to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and feature seven attractions, including:
- Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle;
- Speedy Gonzales Speed Boats, where guests will be screaming “Andale Andale” on six speed boats;
- Bugs Bunny High Sea Adventure, a chance to fly through the air on a junior sea-worthy quest;
- Yosemite Sam’s Wacky Wagons, an old western spin on a junior ferris wheel perfect for junior cowpokes;
- Looney Tunes Adventure Camp, an interactive playground with Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes characters;
- Acme Trucking Company, a monster truck driving voyage to help Wile E. Coyote try to capture the Road Runner; and
- Tweety’s Tweehouse, a 20-foot up and down journey into the little chirping bird’s nest.
Bugs Bunny Boomtown is scheduled to open for the 2016 season in early spring and the DC Super Friends themed area is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.
White Water News
Recently named one of the Top 10 Amusement and Water Parks in the country, Six Flags White Water is off to the races in 2016 with the addition of the all-new Wahoo Racer. The thrilling multi-lane water slide complex will be the largest in the world and add to the park’s impressive line-up of more than 50 slides and attractions at the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park.
“This new massive water slide complex will provide our guests the chance to challenge friends and family members for the ultimate crown of Wahoo Racer champion,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties Park President Dale Kaetzel. “Our new slide complex continues our commitment of providing Six Flags White Water guests with the best water park in the Southeast.”
The two-tiered mat slider will send racers through an intense, snake-like stretch of multi-colored tubes and then into track-like style sprinting lanes and will feature:
- A tower standing nearly 60-feet and easily visible from Interstate 75 where the park is located;
- Speeds of up to 40 feet per second; and
- Six aero-dynamic designed water toboggans for the ultimate competing thrill.
Six Flags White Water and Wahoo Racer will open for the 2016 season in mid-May. For more information about Wahoo Racer, the recently added 100-foot tall Dive Bomber and other exciting attractions at White Water, visit www.sixflags.com/whitewater.