How many times do you watch The Nightmare Before Christmas during the month of October? It’s a lot in my house! One of my favorite characters is Sally and this Nightmare Before Christmas Themed Sally Popcorn is too adorable to pass up. I am a sucker for candied popcorn. This popcorn is teal, red, and yellow to look like Sally.
Candied popcorn is a fantastic way to make any themed party fun because of all of the fun flavors and colors you can create.
If you love Sally as much as I do, you’ll also love these Sally Cookies.
What you will need
- 16 Cup of popped popcorn
- 1 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter 1/2 C in each saucepan
- 2 Cup sugar 1 C in each saucepan
- 1/2 Cup light corn syrup 1/4 C in each saucepan
- 1 tsp salt split ( 1/2 tsp in each saucepan )
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp in each saucepan
- 1 tsp teal food coloring
- 1 tsp yellow food coloring
- 1 tsp pink food coloring
- 2 tsp baking soda 1/4 each bowl
- 1 box Black licorice cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Place your popcorn evenly on two large baking pans covered with parchment paper.
- In two medium saucepans over medium heat. Add 1/2 of each of the following ingredients to each saucepan.
- Add your butter first and melt.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt into both saucepans.
- Bring to boil while stirring consistently.
- Boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Split the mixture into 3 small mixing bowls.
- Add your food colors one in each bowl.
- Mix all bowls until the mixture is evenly colored and combined.
- Stir in baking soda. The mixture will double.
- Place the popcorn in the oven to keep warm.
- Stir the popcorn every 15 minutes for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add popcorn to your mixing bowls and coat with the candy coating. Stir to combine and evenly coat.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread out the popcorn to allow it to harden. Make sure there are large clumps.
- In a large bowl, mix in all three colors of popcorn.
- Mix in the black licorice. Enjoy!
PIN THIS RECIPE!