Bring some rustic farmhouse charm to your home with this easy DIY no-sew ornament. This craft is so easy you could make them as gifts for all your family and friends.
No-Sew Farmhouse Mitten OrnamentPin
What you will need
- 1/4 yard fabric of choice
- Microfiber cloth or material similar to a fuzzy, “fur”
- Jute Twine
- Small bells
- Brown chalk paint if no chalk paint, acrylic mixed with baking powder
- Chalk white
- Fabric scissors
- Industrial grade hot glue sticks
- Printer for PDF pattern
- Print and cut out the PDF pattern.
- Fold the fabric and using chalk, trace the pattern onto the fabric. Once traced, using fabric scissors cut the mittens shapes (will be needed two from the fold).
- Next, using a high heat, hot glue gun, and industrial-grade glue sticks (to ensure a stronghold of fabric) glue all along the edge of the mitten shape leaving the top open to stuff with polyfill (about 1/4 “seam” allowance).
- Fill the mitten with a small amount of polyfill to help give it shape. After, cut off a small piece of twine for the loop of the ornament and hot glue it inside the mitten on one side. Once polyfill and twine are within the mitten, hot glue the opening closed.
- Using the edge of the microfiber cloth, cut off approximately 5” x 1.5” piece of cloth for the “fur” of the mitten. Starting at the back, hot glue one side down wrapping it around the front, and meeting back up.
- Lastly, using the twine string rusty style bells through the twine and around the mitten to give it a rustic farmhouse look finishing it off with a bow.
dollar tree and paint them with chalky brown paint. If you can’t find chalk
paint, you can add a bit of baking soda to some brown acrylic paint to give
it a textured, matte appearance.