Looking for a cute Nutcracker-themed recipe? These Nutcracker mice candies are super easy to make and very cute. You only need a few ingredients to make them and they are sure to be a hit with the kids.
Nutcracker Mice Candy
What you will need
- 15 Hershey kisses
- 15 Red hots candies
- 15 Maraschino cherries WITH stems
- ½ cup Chocolate chips
- 30 Peanut halves
- Small tube of black icing
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Place the cherries on a paper towel-lined plate and pat them dry to get as much moisture off of them as possible.
- Melt the chocolate chips according to package directions.
- Holding the stem of a cherry, dip it into the melted chocolate. Place the chocolate coated cherry on it’s side on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press a Hershey's Kiss into the opposite side of the cherry from the stem.
- Add two peanut halves in the top between the cherry and Hershey's Kiss for the mouse’s ears.
- Add a dab of melted chocolate on the back of a red hot and place it on the end of the hershey kiss for the mouse’s nose.
- Use the black icing to dot two eyes on the Hershey's Kiss to complete the mouse. Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients.