This post is brought to you by Dixie Crystals Kids Korner.
Need a last minute Mother's Day gift idea? Every mom loves a nice pamper every once in awhile. This Oatmeal Cookie Sugar Scrub is a delicious way to pamper mom for the holiday and beyond.
Scroll down to see a quick video!
Oatmeal helps to alleviate dry, itchy skin by acting as a natural moisturizer. When my skin is having an off period I take oatmeal baths. Especially during the dry months.
You kind this and lots of other great sugar scrub recipes in the Dixie Crystals Kids Korner. They also have matching and customizable labels that you can place on your sugar scrub.
You can make sugar scrubs out of all kinds of things that help the skin. Different oils like sweet almond oil, coconut oil and essential oils can be used with light brown sugar, granulated or turbinado sugar depending on your preference.
Here is what you'll need for this super simple sugar scrub.
- 2 cups ground oatmeal or 1 cup oat flour
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- Handful of raw oats
- If using raw oats, ground in a food processor until consistency of flour.
- Stir ground oatmeal, brown sugar and oil together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle in a handful whole pieces of raw oatmeal for appearance, then place in a jar and decorate with ribbon.
- Print a customizable sugar scrub label to personalize your gift.
Need a last minute Mother's Day gift idea? You can make this Oatmeal Cookie Sugar Scrub in under 60 seconds.
Posted by JaMonkey on Friday, May 8, 2015