You’re joking, you’re joking! I can’t believe my eyes! A Nightmare Before Christmas Oogie Boogie recipe with Minnie Ears that is sure to please! The creepy Boogieman is hiding in the moon.
Another fun Minnie Ear inspired cupcake that your family is sure to love. Out of all of the Minnie Mouse Ear Cupcakes, this one is my favorite.
Last year I created a fun Oogie Boogie moon for my Halloween decorations and it came out so great. You can’t have a spooky Halloween without him.
Pop in The Nightmare Before Christmas and get to baking!
What you will need
- 1 container of neon fondant
- 1 container of purple fondant
- 1 container of black fondant
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1 box of triple chocolate mix cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 5 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6-10 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Sprinkle powder sugar onto cutting board and spread around.
- Remove neon green fondant from container and place onto cutting board
- Coat fondant with powder sugar and roll out onto the cutting board into a flat 1/2 inch disk
- Using the 4 inch round cutter, cut out 24 circles
- Place cut circles onto the cookie sheet
- Using the purple fondant pinch off about 1 tbsp of fondant and place it into the large bow mold
- Lightly use your finger to mold into the bow
- Pop the bow out and place onto the cookie sheet
- Using the black fondant and smaller bow mold, mold the black fondant into the bow and pop it out
- Place onto the cookie sheet
- Using the silver marker, dot on polka dots onto the black bow
- Fill a cup of water
- Using your finger, dip it into the water and run it along the back of the black bow
- Place the black bow onto the middle of the purple bow
- Using the black edible marker, draw out Oogie Boogie onto the neon green circles
- Allow to set for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line muffin pan with the white cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk, and stir until combined
- Scoop batter into the cupcake pans about 3/4 way full
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag
- Frost cooled cupcakes
- Place two circles on the sides for "Ears"
- Place the bow in the middle of the cupcakes