Looking for the perfect Oscar party food idea? You'll love these Gold Almond Meringues. The flavor is fantastic and the meringues melt in your mouth. A fancy Oscar dessert that the crowd will love.
I partnered with Nellie's Free Range Eggs to bring you this tasty Oscars worthy recipe. Nellie's is dedicated to the human treatment and care of its hens. The hens are free-range, and live on small family-fun farms. The eggs are Certified Humane and I love supporting companies that go above and beyond for animals and family farmers.
Gold Almond Meringues
- Preheat the oven to 225°F
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt into a large bowl or stand mixer. Make sure it is completely dry and grease free.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, stir on LOW speed until the eggs become foamy.
- Increase speed to medium-high, gradually add sugar one tablespoon at a time. Wait a few seconds between each one so the mix can blend.
- Mix until the blend is thick, shiny, and stiff peaks form. Make sure the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Stir in almond extract.
- Use a disposable piping bag. You can fit it with a decorative tip or just cut a hole in the bag for drop meringues.
- Bake for one hour. Turn off the stove and allow the meringues to cool completely inside the oven without opening the door.
- Decorate your meringues with a light spray of gold. Make sure you are far enough away. Decorate with the gold accent brush.
- Store in an airtight container.