Let’s kick French toast up a notch with this delicious Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Casserole recipe. This is a variation of the traditional French toast, but baking it in a baking dish allows for less time in front of the stovetop and more time enjoying the morning. Top it off with fresh bananas and some creamy peanut butter for a real treat.
French toast casserole is a dish that is served in many cultures. It consists of French bread cubes that are dipped in egg and milk, then fried in butter or oil, and finally baked with a variety of toppings. You could also substitute for sourdough bread cut into 1-inch cubes. The dish can be served at breakfast or as a dessert.
Breakfast casserole is a very popular dish to serve at breakfast because it can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight. This allows the bread to soak up all of the liquid ingredients and become soft without getting soggy. It also makes it easy for people to grab on their way out the door for work in the morning because there’s no need for extra prep time before eating.
Peanut butter banana French toast casserole is a dish with a sweet and savory flavor. It is made from bread, eggs, bananas, peanut butter, cinnamon, and sugar. This is a recipe that can be easily prepared by anyone, and it tastes delicious!
French toast is one of my favorite breakfast dishes because it has a sweet flavor and reminds me of my childhood. I like to make this dish for my family during weekends when we all have time to enjoy it together and eat it as a family.
Did you like this recipe? You can now say thank you with a new feature called Thank with Google! As a paid early tester for Google, I am testing an experimental feature that allows you to purchase or give a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for content on my website. Thank with Google is a creative and fun way for my audience to connect with me and show their appreciation of my work.
Whether you’re a new visitor or a loyal subscriber, you can share your love for a post by sending a sticker. There are a variety of stickers to choose from, and every time you send a paid sticker, you can add a personal message. I love reading your messages and seeing the fun stickers you chose. These virtual stickers translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into the content you are enjoying on my blog.
You can find the Thank with Google button at the top and bottom of my blog posts and in the sidebar of individual pages. I hope you’ll take a moment to send a sticker. Thank you for being a supporter of JaMonkey!
Peanut Butter Banana French Toast Casserole
What you will need
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- ½ cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ loaf french toast cubed
- 2 bananas sliced
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the bread in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs until frothy. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and peanut butter until well blended. Add the milk, stirring until completely incorporated.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth and then add to egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and toss to coat well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake the french toast casserole for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top the casserole with sliced bananas and melted peanut butter.
- Serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar, if desired.