Peter Pan is a classic adventure and the new Signature collection gives new life to this Disney masterpiece. To celebrate the new Signature Collection edition we made some fun Pixie Dust Necklaces. These necklaces are great for themed parties as a craft to make and take home! If you haven't experienced a Signature Collection copy of a movie yet you are in for a treat. They contain amazing behind the scenes footage that the Walt Disney Archives department has taken care of for years. For some of the older classics, you get to see Walt Disney working on the projects. This release of Peter Pan is FILLED with amazing content.
Peter Pan is available on Digital now and Blu-ray™ June 5
This post contains affiliate links.
Pixie Dust Necklaces
Here is what you'll need (all of these supplies can also be bought in bulk):
Cord Necklace – We used black but they also have colorful ones.
Glue (optional) – If you want your stopper to be glued shut so that there isn't an accidental pixie dusting.
Pour the glitter into the glass jars all the way to the top. We picked out our favorite colors and made a pattern in them. They turned out really cute and the girls love wearing them.
Peter Pan Signature Collection Bonus Features Include:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL*:
- New Signature Collection Bonus
- Stories from Walt’s Office: Walt & Flight – “Think of the happiest things, it’s the same as having wings”. One thing you’ll notice inside Walt Disney’s office are all of the models and pictures of airplanes. Walt loved planes and was an aficionado of flying. As a continuation of the “Stories from Walt’s Office” series, we’ll soar into the world of one of Walt’s favorite pastimes and look at the history behind the company airplane he used to scout Central Florida looking for the perfect place to build his second theme park.
- A “Darling” Conversation with Wendy & John: Kathryn Beaumont and Paul Collins – Join Disney Legend Kathryn Beaumont (the voice of Wendy) and Paul Collins (the voice of John) as they reunite for the first time in many years to reminisce and discuss their experiences working on Peter Pan, meeting Walt Disney and learning to fly … literally.
- You Can Fly” – A new “Oke” rendition and graphic look of the classic Disney song, “You Can Fly,” with fun lyrics on screen and lots of your favorite “Peter Pan” characters.
- “Never Smile at a Crocodile” – A new “Oke” rendition and graphic look of the deleted song, “Never Smile at a Crocodile”, with fun lyrics on screen and highlighting the relationship between Captain Hook and Tick- Tock the Crocodile.
- Legacy/Classic Bonus
- Sing-along Version of the film: Sing along with your favorite songs from the movie.
- Growing Up with Nine Old Men – “Peter Pan” is both a story of living with a child’s sense of openness to the world and an acknowledgment that the path to adulthood most often leads away from those qualities. A parallel of sorts to that duality can be found in Walt Disney and his core group of animators, the Nine Old Men, in their lives and in their work. Our short film will look at who they were and the parts they played in one of the most remarkable teams of artists that ever worked together.
- Deleted Song: “The Pirate’s Song” – Original demo recording of the song played over concept art.
- Deleted Song: “Never Smile at a Crocodile” – With music played over static concept art of the crocodile from Peter Pan.
- Deleted Song: “The Boatswain Song” – With music played over static concept art of Captain Hook and his crew.
- Deleted Scene: “The Journey Home” – A proposed alternate ending where Peter asks the Lost Boys to return home with Wendy and the other children.
- Deleted Scene: “Alternate Arrival” – A deleted scene where Wendy and the children are initially attacked by the Lost Boys because Tinker Bell tells them that Wendy is holding Peter captive. We also see in this version of the story that Nana the dog travels to Never Land with Wendy and the children.
- Disney Song Select – Simply play the clip from the movie with subtitles underneath it.
- “The Second Star to the Right”
- “You Can Fly”
- “A Pirate’s Life”
- “Following the Leader”
- “Your Mother and Mine”
- Audio Commentary Hosted by Roy Disney – Audio commentary hosted by Roy Disney, but carried on by several other people.
- Music and More
- ”Never Land”: The Lost Song – A bonus piece that sets up the backstory of where this lost song was found and how Richard Sherman recomposed it.
- Music Video: “Never Land” – Music Performed by Paige O’Hara – A music video of the song “Never Land”
- Music Video: “The Second Star to the Right” – Music Performed by T-Squad – A music video of the song “The Second Star to the Right” performed by T-Squad.
- Backstage Disney
- You Can Fly: The Making of ‘Peter Pan’ – A making-of video of the 1953 Disney classic, “Peter Pan.”
- In Walt’s Words: “Why I Made ‘Peter Pan’” – Based upon an article written by Walt Disney retold as a dramatic recreation.
- Tinker Bell: A Fairy’s Tale – An introspective video on the creation, history and personality of the one and only “Tink.”
- The Peter Pan That Almost Was – Hosted by Ron Clements and John Musker, we take a look at the storyboards and early concepts of a version of the “Peter Pan” film that never saw the light of day.
- The “Peter Pan” Story – An original featurette for the film created in 1952.
*Bonus features may vary by retailer