This princess doesn’t need saving, she saves herself! Princess (or General) Leia Organa is the BEST part of the Star Wars franchise. To celebrate her final moments in The Rise of Skywalker we are making Princess Leia Cupcakes that look like her original bun hairstyle.
What you will need
- 1 box of Triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C whole milk
- cupcake liners
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 1 C cocoa powder
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Leia Bun Directions
- Sprinkle some powder sugar onto a cutting board
- Roll out the white fondant into 1/4 inch thickness and cut out 48 circles for the ears
- Powder your hands with powder sugar and mold the white fondant into a ball
- Pinch off 1 teaspoon size ball of fondant and press it into the larger bow size mold. Allow drying overnight
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with the cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk and stir until combined
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and mix on medium speed until combined and smooth
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag
- Using the black edible marker, draw out a spiral circle on the white fondant circles
- Using the brown spray, spray entire fondant circle brown
- Allow drying for 1 hour
- Frost the cooled cupcakes
- Place a white bow in the middle of the cupcakes
- Place two ears on the sides of the cupcakes