When I started blogging, I was very unorganized and easily distracted, but over time I learned how to balance my life and work better then before. I still haven’t mastered it, but I’d like to think these tips for being a productive blogger are helpful in some way. The more productive you become, the more potential for income you have. Work ethic shows in your work so think about that the next time you miss a deadline and see 948 notifications on your inbox.
- Editorial Calendar – I can’t stress enough how important this one step is. Every professional blogger that I’ve met or spoken with mentioned their calendar. I’m going to break it down even further into types of calendars for you.
- Seasonal Calendars – Create content based on the time of year it is. If you write about movies, put all the major movies on your calendar so that you make sure to cover them. If you are a parenting blogger, follow the holiday calendar and create holiday, seasonal or Nation “Whatever Food” Day posts to help boost traffic and shares.
- Cloud Based Calendars – Find a calendar you can edit on your multiple devices and at any time. When you schedule a call or post due date, set up alerts the day before to remind you. Set up alerts until your fingers fall off to remind you of everything. Think of it as a sticky note wall but without all the paper floating around.
- Schedule in advance – Most professional bloggers know what they are posting for the next month and sometimes even farther. There may be extra ones thrown in there at the last minute too. Scheduling social media posts for optimum times also helps so that you can get back to binge watching TV. Set timers to complete a task, like sharing and commenting on Facebook. We all know how distracting it can be once you get on there.
- Daily Schedule – Set a daily routine, especially if you have kids. It will help you prioritize things and make it easier for you to stick to them. When your baby goes down for a nap, shoot pictures. Kids asleep for the night, schedule social media shares and brainstorm new content.
This sponsored post is brought to you by Centrum®. While all opinions stated are my own, I make no claims about Centrum® as a product or its effectiveness.
- Staying Healthy – I don’t know about you, but I can’t get anything done when I’m sick. I’m the stay at home parent, student and blogger and if I have a cold, nothing is getting done because I’ll be lying on the couch, begging my husband to come home and take care of me. Take a good multivitamin to stay on top of your immune system and health. I like the Centrum® MultiGummies because it’s like having a snack. I no longer have to steal my kids Gummies. These multivitamins are easy to take and include essential nutrients like Vitamins B12, D, and E plus others to support your whole body health. B vitamins are great for boosting energy as well. The antioxidants, vitamins C, E and Zinc will support your immunity. I also invested in a walking desk to make sure I got my daily 10,000 steps each day.
- Write in the morning – There have been studies about how the brain functions better in the morning in adults. Even that it increases as we age. I now this is true for me as well. I do most of my writing in the morning, when my mind is sharp. I get more done and it’s always higher quality.
- Don’t start your day by checking emails – I should clarify, it’s ok to skim while you drink your morning coffee, but don’t reply to emails until at least lunchtime. Unless it’s an emergency, it can wait. Emails are a huge time suck.
- Find me time – Each morning I get the kids breakfast when we go downstairs. Then I make myself coffee, take my Centrum® MultiGummies, and skim through and delete spam emails. I might even play a game on my phone or check my social media feeds for anything interesting from friends. The kids watch a TV show while I finish my coffee and we move on to the other adventures in our day. That’s my me time. No matter if it’s meditating in you closet where your kids can’t find you or going to the gym to work out for an hour and read a book or watch a show. It helps to clear your mind and relax.
- Eliminate distractions – We all know how social media can be. I’ve lost hours watching funny videos or Vines some days and kicked myself when I realized I nearly missed the Twitter party I was hosting. Delete the apps from your phone if you have to. There are also Chrome plugins like StayFocused that lock you out of websites that you find yourself stuck in sometimes.
So those are some of the tips I have and that other bloggers shared with me about staying productive in their busy blogging lives.
Visit www.Centrum.com/Centrum-MultiGummies for more information and to receive a $2 coupon off your next Centrum® purchase (limited time offer; while supplies last).
To jump-start the “staying healthy” part of this list, I’m giving away a FitBit Flex and Centrum® is providing 3 bottles of Centrum® MultiGummies to one lucky JaMonkey reader.
Enter by using the Rafflecopter below (it takes a moment to load).