I love Fall, it’s my favorite time of the year. It’s not hot but not yet cold. We break out the sweaters, scarves, and boots. But the best part of Fall is all things pumpkin! I made these Rice Krispies treats last year when I found a host of Pumpkin flavored treats to mix together to make Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Surprise Rice Krispies Treats.
The thing about making this recipe is that you have to keep your eyes peeled for the ingredients. They only come out during the heat of fall with the rest of the Pumpkin flavored goodies and some are only available at certain stores. Just think of me as the Pumpkin whisperer because I stalk stores for these items each year.
Here are some Pumpkin favorites, some of which we used in our Rice Krispies Treats.
Pumpkin M&M’s were exclusively sold at Target Stores
Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows from Kraft Jet Puffed available at Walmart
Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice KISSES also found at Target
To make your yummy Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Surprise Rice Krispies Treats you’ll need the following:
6 cups Rice Krispies (I used Gluten Free so they are darker)
1 package Pumpkin Spice Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows
Pumpkin Spice M&M’s (add to your liking)
3 tablespoons butter
Dash of Pumpkin Spice
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add a dash of Pumpkin Spice.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal and a handful (or a bag) of the M&M’s. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
Another great way to eat these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies is to mold them into round Pumpkins and hide the Pumpkin Spice M&M’s inside.
To make the Pumpkin Surprise Rice Krispies treats you’ll need these additional ingredients:
Orange food coloring
Canned frosting (green)
12 small green gum drops
1. Make the Rice Krispies Treats from above but leave out the M&M’s. Add a drop of orange food coloring into the mix with the Pumpkin Spice.
2. Mold the Pumpkins around 3 or 4 M&M’s or a Pumpkin Spice KISS (instead of a candy bar like pictured)
3. Pipe frosting onto each for vines and attach gumdrop for stem.
Bam! Not just cute Rice Krispies Pumpkins but they taste like Pumpkins also!