Make your own roasted tomato and mozzarella panini at home just like the one from Starbucks. This flavorful sandwich in a delicious favorite.
I am slightly obsessed with this sandwich at the moment. It's the Starbucks Roasted Tomato & Mozzarella Panini. I can't run out and grab one every time I'm craving it though, so I started making them as home and I thought I'd share the recipe with you.
This is a gourmet sandwich hurting with flavor and a great vegetarian option. Extremely simple to make for yourself once you have the ingredients on hand.
Just keep some focaccia bread, basil pesto, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella on hand in the fridge. You'll thank me, I promise.
Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella Panini - Starbucks Copy Cat Recipe
What you will need
- Focaccia Roll
- 1-2 Roma Tomatoes - Oven Roasted sliced
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Fresh Mozzarella sliced
- 1-2 tbsp Basil Pesto
- 6-12 Spinach leaves
- Optional Additions:
- Rice Vinegar
- Garlic see note
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Oven roast tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper to taste on a baking sheet until shriveled (you could also roast with garlic if there isn't any in your pesto)
- Cut the focaccia roll down the center and spread basil pesto on both sides of the bread.
- Put a layer of spinach on one side of the bread
- Place your tomatoes on top of the spinach
- Put a layer of mozzarella chunks on the opposite side
- Place in the oven to melt the cheese and toast the bread
- Once the cheese has melted and your bread is toasty place the focaccia together and enjoy.
Other sandwiches you may like: