Have you ever made your own candy bars before? It’s actually pretty easy and very tasty without all the crazy ingredients you can’t pronounce. We’ve decorated these peanut butter candy bars to look like Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas!
Peanut butter bandy bars are some of my favorites. The creamy nougat inside these bars is delicious, and you don’t have to decorate them like Sally. You can create anything you like. They are great for gifting to others as well!
What you will need
Peanut Butter Nougat Ingredients
- 8 Tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup evaporated milk
- 1 Jar Marshmallow Fluff Jar 14 oz
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extra
- 1 large disposable piping bag
Chocolate shell ingredients
- 1 Bag Ghirardelli White melting wafers 30 oz
- 1 Bag pink candy melts 8 oz
- 1 Bag yellow candy melts 8 oz
- 1 Bag light blue candy melts 8 oz
- 1 Bag black candy melts 4 oz
- Using a medium saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, and evaporated milk, bring the mixture to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold in the marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, and vanilla Mix until smooth then pour into a medium size bowl.
- Cover and place into the fridge overnight to allow to cool down and slightly harden.
Candy Coating Directions
- Using a medium bowl, melt the Ghirardelli white chocolate in increments of 45 seconds, mixing after each time until 100% melted.
- Using a spoon, spoon about 3 tbsp of chocolate into the cavities, make sure to coat the sides in chocolate
- Once all cavities have been filled, flip the mold upside down, over the bowl of melted chocolate and gently shake the molds to get rid of the extra chocolate molds.
- Place the molds into the fridge for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden Remove the molds and the peanut butter nougat from the fridge.
- Scoop the nougat into the large piping bag and cut the tip off. Fill each cavity about 3⁄4 way full
- Place back into the fridge for about 30 minutes to allow the nougat to harden
- You may need to remelt the white chocolate if it has started to harden up.
- Remove the candy bars from the fridge. Spoon on about 1 Tbsp of the white chocolate on top of the nougat and smooth evenly since this is technically the bottom of the candy bar.
- Place the molds back into the fridge for an hour to allow the chocolate to completely harden.
- Once the hour is up, carefully remove the candy bars from the molds and place them onto a wire rack over a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper or wax paper for easy cleanup.
- Using 3 small microwave safe bowls, place each candy melt color, except the black, into the bowls.
- Melt candy melts, one at a time in increments of 45 seconds or until melted.
- Spoon each color randomly over the white chocolate candy bars like how Sally’s dress would look.
- Once the bars are coated, gently tap the wire rack and cookie tray on the counter to allow any extra candy melt to drip down. Allow to harden.
- Take the other disposable piping bags and fill it half way with the black candy melts
- Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments or until melted. Allow the piping bag to cool for a minute or two. The black candy melt will still be melted.
- Cut the tip off the piping bag. Pipe a black line and stitching where each color meets Pipe small dots in the yellow parts of the candy bar Pipe small lines in the pink parts of the candy bar Allow the black to harden before enjoying!