This Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas with Rainbow Peppers recipe is easy to make and delicious to share. Plus, it looks beautiful all together.
I think any busy mom can collectively agree that one pot and one pan recipes are the best. You can throw everything in the pan together and let it cook. The flavors all blend together beautifully, and after dinner, there are fewer dishes to wash. It's a win-win right!?
For this fajita recipe, we use a rainbow of colorful peppers and onions to bring it to life. Red, yellow, orange, purple and green peppers along with white onions to make up this rainbow of flavor. The purple bell peppers were a special find at the farmer's market so don't fret if you can't locate them.
Coat the chicken and vegetables with the olive oil. Combine all of your seasonings and toss onto your prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve them up in a tortilla or a fajita salad with some guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and cilantro. I like to squeeze a little lime onto mine for some added flavor.
- 1 pound of chicken breast thinly sliced
- 2 ½ bell peppers sliced (or ½ of a Red, Orange, Yellow, Green and Purple pepper to get the rainbow effect)
- 1 onion sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine olive oil and spices in a small bowl.
- Cover a large sheet pan with foil. Place the chicken and veggies on the pan and pour the oil and spice mixture over the top. Toss to combine. Spread the chicken and veggies evenly on the pan, so they are in a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are softened.
- May be served with warm tortillas, plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream), guacamole, salsa, lime wedges and fresh cilantro