Cookies are one of my favorite desserts to make. This Smallfoot inspired Snowball Cookies has a beautiful snow sprinkle coating with a snowflake accent. They are perfect for the Smallfoot lover or gathering in your life.
Enter to win Smallfoot at the bottom of this post!
An animated adventure for all ages, with fun new music by Zendaya & Common and featuring an all-star cast, “Smallfoot” turns the Bigfoot legend upside down when a bright young Yeti (Channing Tatum) finds something he thought didn’t exist—a human! News of the “smallfoot,” Percy (James Corden), throws the simple Yeti community into an uproar over what else might be out there in the big world beyond their snowy village. This is an epic story about friendship and courage!
- “Smallfoot” Blu-ray Combo Pack contains the following special features:
- Yeti Set Go Sing-Along – Sing-Along, fun facts and much more!
- “Super Soozie” Mini Movie – Custom animation featuring the yeti toddler, Soozie.
- Migo in The Secret of the Yeti Stones – Featurette featuring Channing Tatum
- Yeti or Not, Here They Come! Imagining Smallfoot – The making of Smallfoot
- Nial Horran “Finally Free” Music Video
- Cyn “Moment of Truth” Music Video
- “Wonderful Life: In 28 Languages, Sung Around the World” Music Video
- Theatrical promos
Yeti, let’s make some cookies!
What you will need
Icing snowflake ingredients
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with number 2 tip
- 1 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- 1/2 C plus 2 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 container of winter holiday sprinkles Found at Walmart
Royal Icing Directions:
- Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and powder sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form
- Using the piping bag, pipe out 24 thick snowflakes
- Allow drying overnight
- Place leftover icing into the fridge to use for the center of the cookies
Cookie Directions :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Mix in the egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined
- Scoop dough out and roll into a tablespoon size ball
- Pour the sprinkles into a small bowl
- Roll dough ball into sprinkles and place onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat steps for about 11 more cookies. Bake 12 cookies at a time
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Using the back of a tablespoon make an indent into the cookies
- Allow cookies to cool completely before moving onto a wire rack
- Finish baking remaining dough
- Once cookies are baked and cooled, pipe icing into the center of the cookie
- Allow icing to harden for 30 minutes
- Carefully remove snowflake from parchment paper and pipe a small dollop onto the back of the snowflake
- Carefully place snowflake into the center of the icing
- Allow drying for 15 minutes before enjoying!