These Snowflake Fairy holiday cupcakes are beautiful with sugar and snowflake accents perfect for any Christmas party.
I can hear the dance of the snowflakes in my head as I type this. The holiday season has kicked off and on the heels of the Disney’s The Nutcracker and the Four Realms release, we are getting in the spirit of Christmas. These holiday cupcakes feature a candy icing and are topped with sugar to look like a snow candy. You can make them in any color you like, we went with purple!
These cupcakes are themed to Shiver the regent of the Land of the Snowflakes from the four realms. The cupcakes have a hint of color in them and are topped with thick sugar to look like snow. The snowflake icing accent is the perfect finishing touch.
Dance around and let’s make some cupcakes!
Snowflake Holiday Cupcakes
What you will need
Royal icing snowflakes Ingredients
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with number 2 tip
- 1 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- 1 box of French Vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 drops of purple food coloring
- purple polka dot cupcake liners
- cupcake pan
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 2 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1-3 drops of purple food coloring
- 1 container of white sugar sprinkles
- 1 large piping bag fitted with a star tip
Royal Icing Directions:
- Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and powder sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form
- Using the piping bag, pipe out 24 thick snowflakes
- Allow drying overnight
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with the purple cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla extract, food coloring and stir until combined
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
- Split the frosting into two bowls, leaving one of them white
- Mix in the 1-3 drops of purple food coloring into the second bowl and mix until you get a light lilac color
- Using a butter knife, scoop the lilac color onto three sides of the piping bag
- Spoon in white icing
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle some white sprinkles
- Carefully peel off a snowflake and place into the side of the frosting