Spooky snacks are some of my favorites! This Halloween themed popcorn is excellent for any Monther Bash or place it in bags to give to trick or treaters. Colored popcorn is a fun and easy way to make a snack for themed parties because you can color it in lots of fun ways. This Halloween popcorn is a more zombie themed popcorn because of the browns and greens.
Check out this Nightmare Before Christmas themed Sally popcorn!
The run thing about this popcorn is that you can make it with anything you like to make it spooky and Halloween themed. Edible eyes are my favorite though. They are great for any kids food project, so I keep them in the house all the time. There are so many great Halloween sprinkles out now also!
- 16 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter 1/2 cup in each saucepan
- 2 cup granulated sugar 1 cup in each saucepan
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup 1/4 cup in each saucepan
- 1 tsp salt split ( 1/2 tsp in each saucepan )
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp in each saucepan
- 1 tsp light green food coloring
- 1 tsp moss green food coloring
- 1 tsp brown food coloring
- 2 tsp baking soda 1/4 each bowl
- Edible Candy Halloween Eyes
- Halloween M&M's Or any kind of Halloween candy
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Place your popcorn evenly on two large baking pans covered with parchment paper.
- In two medium saucepans over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 of each of the following ingredients to each saucepan.
- Add your butter first and melt.
- Stir in sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt into both saucepans.
- Bring to boil while stirring consistently.
- Boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Split the mixture into 4 small mixing bowls.
- Add your food colors one in each bowl.
- Mix all bowls until the mixture is evenly colored and combined.
- Stir in baking soda.
- The mixture will double.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to combine and evenly coat.
- Place the popcorn in the oven.
- Stir the popcorn every 15 minutes for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- When popcorn is completely hardened, mix in your edible eyes, licorice, and Halloween candy.
PIN THIS IMAGE!