Make your Halloween candy more fun with this fun Spooky Spider Lollipops craft! If you have a Halloween party that you're preparing for, you can transform an ordinary bag of lollipops and turn them into fun spiders. This Halloween craft is super easy and a great activity to do with kids.
Teachers and parents are always looking for a fun craft to make to turn Halloween candy into something fun instead of a dump it out of the bag into a bowl! I'm a fan of keeping a box of craft supplies like googly eyes and pipe cleaners around. In fact, I have a few crafts to share with you for Halloween candy crafts that your kids are sure to love. First up at Spooky Spider Lollipops.
I don't know about you, but getting Tootsie Pops in my Halloween treat bag as a kid was a mega bonus! You can't go wrong with these lollipops. I prefer them to blow pops that have bubble gum inside of them. Kids and gum just don't go together, in my opinion.
After you make these lollipop spiders, the stick can act as a puppet stick to make your creepy spiders crawl around on the table. Because everyone loves playing with their food before they eat it, right!? My daughter made the comment that it looks like a web shooting out of the spider's mouth. Of course, she reminded me that that the web comes out of the spiders their butts, aka their abdomen called spinnerets.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and I love sharing all the creepy crawly fun with you. I hope you enjoy this Halloween craft, make sure you subscribe to our newsletter or for Push notifications because I have lots more planned to share with you!
Spooky Spider Lollipops
- Hot Glue Gun
- Take two pipe cleaners and cut them in half. Place them centered on a flat surface, edges aligned.
- Place a lollipop about ⅓ of the way in from the edge of the aligned pipe cleaners.
- Take all of the longer sides together and wrap them all the way around the lollipop stick.
- Spread apart each end so it begins to take the shape of a spider.
- Bend the ends of each pipe cleaner down at a 90-degree angle.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue on two wiggle eyes to complete these spooky spider lollipop treats.