This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Single Edition Media.
Spring is finally here, and I’m already happy about the longer days and warmer temperatures. Aside from the random cold snap that brought some scary storms through the southeast. Even if the weather won’t cooperate, cleaning and freshening up our home is one way to welcome spring!
I stock up on cleaning products this time of year, so I was excited to receive the most recent BabbleBoxx. I'll tell you about some of my favorite items in the box, and then you can use my cleaning tips & tricks to invite spring into your home.
My favorite thing in the box was the Duck: Easy Liner® brand shelf liner.
- Unless you love cleaning, don’t try to tackle everything in one day! Pick one thing to clean each day for just 5-10 minutes.
- Round up all your cleaning supplies into a bucket or caddy. Then you can just grab and go when you have a minute to clean.
- Clean you cleaning cabinet. I know that may sound crazy but the cabinets under my sink that hold all my cleaning products was a little scary. Products that did work that didn't get thrown away and the bottom was dirty and covered with a trash bag. I replaced this with the Duck: Easy Liner. It has Clorox® antimicrobial protection of the liner to prevent the growth of odor-causing mold and mildew and help people tackle everyday cleaning and organizing projects. The bottom has a rubber grip that holds it in place while the top is easy to clean. It also helps protect the wood in your cabinets from water damage. When you're putting clean dishes away, sometimes water it left to sit and it can cause the wood to warp and mold. Ew!
- Coffee is non-negotiable for me. To keep your morning cup tasting fresh, fill up the chamber with a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar and run a brewing cycle. Brew 3 pots of clear water to make sure all the vinegar is rinsed out. You should get into the habit of doing this every couple of months.
- Someone in our house (not naming names) always forgets to cover leftover spaghetti with a lid. Sound familiar? Fill a microwave-safe bowl with water and a sliced up lemon. Microwave for about 3 minutes so the water boils, then let the steam sit in the microwave for another 5 minutes. The steam will loosen gunk and food so you can easily wipe it away with a Scrub Daddy or Scrub Mommy! Not to mention they are fun and the kids may even jump in to help you!Scrub Daddy and Scrub Mommy sponges have this FlexTexture® design that changes texture based on your water temperature.
- The wood surfaces in my house are looking dusty and dry. Time to break out the TriNova Wood Cleaner & Conditioner. This transformed my side tables and shelves to look almost new again! It works on stained and unstained surfaces. It's making it's way through the house to refresh all my wooden surfaces.
- You’ve been snuggled up on the couch all winter, but now your pillows and cushions could use some freshening up. Try this DIY fabric spray: 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 5-10 drops of essential oil, and water in clean spray bottle.
- Indoor crafts, snacks, and slushy boots can leave lots of mystery stains on the carpet. We learned this trick from our carpet installer: Mix one tablespoon of dish soap into a cup of hot water. Dip a white rag into the solutions and blot it into the stain.
- Time to scrub down all the surfaces in the house. Especially after cold and flu season. We have had our fair share of the ick and it's time to make sure that nothing comes back. We used Simple Green All-Purpose cleaner and Stone Cleaner and Polish to finish the job. Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner is truly an “all purpose” cleaner that works on countertops, tables, a pre-treat for laundry and even on carpet and walls. Could any other all-purpose cleaner say that? (Save $1.75 on any Simple Green product here)
- There’s nothing worse than cleaning the drain (ick!), so pour a pot of boiling water down the drain and let it do the hard work instead.
- After all that cleaning, there’s nothing better than a relaxing shower — but mineral deposits can slow your water pressure to a trickle. Soak a few paper towels with vinegar and wrap them around the shower head, covering all the spray nozzles. Leave the paper towels overnight, then remove them and run the water to rinse.
We all hate Spring Cleaning but you can breathe a little easier once it is done. Literally, because you broke up the dust and cleaned all the surfaces!