The holidays may be over but you can still get excited about The Nutcracker and the Four Realms coming out on digital and Blu-ray. To celebrate we are sharing a fun Sugar Plum Fairy Donut recipe with you. The Sugar Plum Fairy is the regent of the Land of the Sweets, and you'll agree that these Sugar Plum Fairy Donuts would fit right in there!
Enter to win Disney's The Nutcracker and the Four Realms at the bottom of this post.
Colorful donuts topped with colorful sprinkles make these donuts fun for any time! I would call them a sweet treat to enjoy for parties.
Available on Digital and Blu-ray™ January 29!
- On Pointe: A Conversation with Misty Copeland – Copeland shares the thrill of portraying one of her favorite characters in a whole new way.
- Unwrapping “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” – Dive into the production design, sets, costumes and more that helped transform a beloved ballet into an adventurous movie.
- Deleted Scenes –
- The Stahlbaums Arrive– As the Stahlbaums enter the Christmas Eve ball, the butler attempts to announce them to the assembled guests.
- Follow Your Ribbon- Drosselmeyer encourages a reluctant Clara to go find her gift.
- Deleted Scene: Clara Asks About Her Mother– Sugar Plum gives Clara a tour of her mother’s bedroom.
- Left, Left, Left, Left, Left– Wandering lost in the forest, palace guards Cavalier and Harlequin quarrel about which way to go.
- Out with the Old– Sugar Plum makes sweeping changes to the palace decor.
- Music Videos –
- “Fall on Me” Performed by Andrea Bocelli Featuring Matteo Bocelli– Experience superstar tenor Andrea Bocelli and his son Matteo Bocelli performing their first duet together in this uplifting song.
- “The Nutcracker Suite” Performed by Lang Lang– Get swept up in a series of images from the movie, set to Tchaikovsky’s music and featuring world-renowned pianist Lang Lang.
- Unwrapped: The Visual Effects of “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”– View a reel that explores the layers of effects in sequences of the film.
Sugar Plum Fairy Donut
What you will need
- 2 2/3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 large egg room temp
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- pink and purple gel food coloring
Vanilla frosting ingredients:
- 1/4 C milk
- 2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pink purple and white sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a baking spray to prep your doughnut pan.
- Set the pan to the side.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the whole milk, sour cream, and eggs into a separate bowl.
- Whisk in the melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla
- Gradually whisk in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined
- Divide the batter into two bowls.
- Add several drops of pink food coloring in the first bowl.
- Add several drops of purple food coloring in the first bowl.
- Spoon equal amounts of the 2 batters into the donut pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Allow doughnuts to cool a few minutes in the pan.
- Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Whisk together the milk, powder sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Dip the donuts into the icing and turn the doughnut 90 degrees
- Place the donut back onto the wire rack and repeat the previous steps for remaining donuts
- Sprinkle the sprinkles onto the donuts
- Let dry for an hour before enjoying!