When the weather changes I like to break out the hot chocolate. This is a Sugar Plum Fairy Hot Chocolate that your family is sure to love! Made from white chocolate and made with the Sugar Plum Fairy in mind, this sweet treat is sure to please just in time for Disney’s The Nutcracker and the Four Realms.
All Clara (Mackenzie Foy) wants is a key – a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a box that holds a priceless gift. A golden thread, presented to her at godfather Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual holiday party, leads her to the coveted key—which promptly disappears into a strange and mysterious parallel world. It’s there that Clara encounters a soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and the regents who preside over three Realms: Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and Land of Sweets. Clara and Phillip must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve Clara’s key and hopefully return harmony to the unstable world. Starring Keira Knightley as the Sugar Plum Fairy, Disney’s new holiday feature film “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” is directed by Lasse Hallström and Joe Johnston, and inspired by E.T.A. Hoffmann’s classic tale.
In theaters November 2nd!
What you will need
- 4 C whole milk
- 1 C Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 drops of pink food coloring
Hot chocolate directions
- Place the milk, white chocolate, vanilla in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk continuously over medium-low heat, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth
- Whipped cream directions
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form
- Pour the hot chocolate into glasses and pipe the whipped cream on top
- Sprinkle with the purple sprinkles and enjoy!
PIN THIS RECIPE!