Break out the teacups, it’s tea time Downton Abbey style!
Enter to win Downtown Abbey the movie at the bottom of this post.
Downton Abbey is available on digital on now and Blu-ray and DVD December 17, 2019, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
The television series Downton Abbey followed the lives of the Crawley family and the servants who worked for them at the turn of the 20th century in an Edwardian English country house. Over its 6 seasons, the series garnered 3 Golden Globe Awards, 15 Primetime Emmy Awards, 69 Emmy nominations in total, making Downton Abbey the most nominated non-US television show in the history of the Emmys – even earning a Special BAFTA award and a Guinness World Record for the highest critically rated TV show along the way.
I recently got together with a couple of girlfriends for a mid-day gathering for tea. Sometimes it’s nice to get together when the kids are at school, which I’ve never been able to do until this year. It’s so strange not having my little Squish around during the day. Aside from getting a lot of work and school done, it’s so quiet sometimes I feel like I need to fill the gap. It’s much harder to get together during the evening because our families are home, and we didn’t get to see them all day, so that becomes family time. Getting together during the day (when we aren’t at the gym working out) is a nice way to relax and catch up outside of our Facebook chats.
When I say we had tea, I mean we went all out and got food to go with our tea also. I made little cucumber and chicken salad sandwiches and cut the crust off. I found French macaroons and pumpkin scones at my local bakery also, and you can’t have tea without it either. Little blueberry muffins rounded out our table of treats. My kids were quite jealous when they saw them entering my shopping cart. They’re lucky I saved them some.
My friend Lindsey collects the most beautiful teacups, so I asked if we could enjoy our tea at her house and make it a fancy occasion. She even donned her Alice in Wonderland dress for the occasion. I think morning tea may become a regular event, except with less breakable cups. I was so nervous about holding them. Some are antiques that cannot be replaced. I’ll stick to mugs next time and feel much better.
I’m so thankful to have such great friends that live close by; they are my tribe. It’s pretty awesome that our kids get along too.
- Deleted Scenes
- Cast Conversations – Exclusive roundtable interviews with the cast.
- Upstairs Cast
- Downstairs Cast
- The Royal Visit – A look at how the royal visit proved to be an ambitious event both on and behind the camera.
- True to the Twenties – Fans of DOWNTON ABBEY are charmed by the sheer grandeur of the aristocracy in the early 20th century. Learn how DOWNTON ABBEY maintains a reputation of being true to the time period.
- Welcome to Downton Abbey – A behind-the-scenes look at the grandeur of Highclere Castle and how it serves as a cornerstone in the Downton Abbey franchise.
- The Brilliance of Julian Fellowes – Writer Julian Fellowes has created a story and beloved characters that resonate with people across the world. This piece celebrates Julian’s brilliant creativity and reveals his approach to bringing Downton Abbey to the big screen.
- Downton Abbey Series Recap* – Whether you’re new or just need a refresher, this series recap will catch you up on the story so far.
- Feature Commentary with Director Michael Engler