This post is brought to you by the Dixie Crystals Kids in the Kitchen.
This Thanksgiving, make the kids table lots of fun with these adorable teepee treat boxes. You can fill them with a yummy snack the kids can munch on after the big feast.
SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO SEE THE HOW TO VIDEO
It's a great activity to let them do while you're cooking dinner. No more, “When is dinner going to be done?” They can color and create their teepee's together and then assemble them to hide some sugared pretzels inside.
First, you'll need the Teepee Printable, which can be downloaded at the Dixie Crystals Kid's in the Kitchen site. You can also find other great Thanksgiving crafts and snacks the kids can help you make.
After you've printed the teepee's let the kids color them while you make the sugared pretzels.
Teepee Treat Boxes with Sugared PretzelsPrint Pin Rate
What you will need
- 4 ounces thin pretzel sticks
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss together pretzels, sugar, salt, and spices. Add the butter and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread the pretzels evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Transfer to an airtight container.
Assemble the teepee's and place the sugared pretzels inside before closing up the bottom.