Let this Grinch Mint Hot Chocolate warm your heart as you get ready for the Christmas season!
The Grinch is a Christmas favorite and to celebrate the release of the new movie, we have a fun hot chocolate recipe that any Grinch is sure to love. Loaded with mint flavor and a touch of green, you'll enjoy this festive treat.
We went and saw the movie this past week and stopped into IHOP on the way to try out their new Grinch menu. We had Grinch pancakes and mint hot chocolate, and it was so tasty we had to make our own. I have to say, this Grinch Hot Chocolate is way better than the one at IHOP, but I do think the heart candy on top is a beautiful touch.
Check out our video!
The Grinch is a modern twist on the classic story you know and love. The story will pull on your heartstrings in a way that the original and live action couldn't do. While I love both, I really love the new one, and it is now my favorite. Even Grinch's need love. Benedict Cumberbatch does a great job finding his voice as The Grinch. You'll fall in love with each of the characters in a different way. Cindy Lou Who is fierce and determined. Mr. Brinklebaum, voiced by Kenan Thompson (love him), is the cheeriest fella on the block. It was a pleasant surprise to hear Angela Lansbury as the voice of the mayor as well.
Make sure to check out The Grinch in theaters now. Make it a new family tradition to sip Grinch Mint Hot Chocolate and munch Grinch Popcorn during the movie!
Grinch Mint Hot Chocolate
What you will need
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup peppermint mocha creamer
- 1/4 bag white chocolate chips
- 1/4 bag mint chocolate chips
- 1 drop of green food coloring
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Crushed candy canes for garnish
- In a large pot, add milk, half & half, creamer, and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Do NOT boil.
- Add white chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips, and stir until completely melted.
- Add food coloring.
- Stir well.
- Top with Whipped Cream and crushed candy canes.
- Serve warm.