It's time to celebrate friendship and experience your love of Pixar at Pixar Fest at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure. Pixar Fest kicks off April 13th and goes through September 3rd and the inaugural year is going to be epic. Here is your ultimate guide to things you need to do, the food you should try and shows that are not to be missed. Some of these tips are straight from the Pixar in the Park's team! We had the chance to sit down with the Pixar team that helps bring the love of Pixar to the parks and they had lots to say about all the great Pixar fun coming to Disney Parks. Here are their favorites!
Here is what to do at Pixar Fest in Disneyland Park
- Taste the Fried Bologna Sandwich at the Carnation Cafe. Named, The Carl from UP, this is the Pixar in the Parks team's favorite dish from Pixar Fest. Yes, you read that right, a bologna sandwich was the teams favorite! The bologna is artisanal and provided by a local vendor.
- Play with your food with the color changing noodles made to be like the ones from Monster's Inc. Harryhausen's. It is a chilled noodle salad from Lucky Fortune Cookery It comes with a sauce that you pour over the noodles and swirl it around with your chopsticks to activate the color changing effect.
- Try the Cheeseburger Pizza at Alien Pizza Planet. The aliens have taken over Redd Rockett's Pizza Port and turned it into Pizza Plant and are serving up their favorite dishes.
- Eat the new Pixar themed Coco Churro (Cocoa churro from the Frontierland cart) and the UP Strawberry churro (Main Street, U.S.A. cart).
- Check out all of the amazing food you can find at Pixar Fest. From Aliene macaroons to Shrimp Ratatouille Byaldi.
- Catch the Pixar Play Parade where three new floats are making an appearance. The parade moves to Disneyland Park. The new floats will feature the iconic Pixar Lamp and Ball from the original Pixar short, “Luxo Jr.,” an Inside Out float with Bing Bong, and an UP float with a walking Kevin and Russell puppet.
- Experience “Together Forever—A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” from multiple Disneyland Park locations. This new multimedia fireworks show tells a story of friendship and features the characters meeting, becoming friends, going on adventures and overcoming challenges to create a lasting bond. You can see the story being projected over Sleeping Beauty Castle, on Main Street, U.S.A., “it's a small world”, and the Fantasmic water screens in Rivers of America. There are elements from the Fantasmic show that play into the Pixar projection show as well.
- Watch Buzz Lightyear fly from the castle like Tinkle Bell! Seeing Tinker Bell fly from the castle each night is a tradition, but for Pixar Fest, you'll get to see Buzz Lightyear make the flight!
- See the Coco, Land of the Dead marigold bridge as a firework above the castle!
- Watch the house from UP fly above the castle.
- Ride the Pixar Themed Monorail – The Incredibles and Finding Nemo can be seen on the monorail! The blue train, inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo,” features Crush and Squirt surfing alongside pals Nemo and Dory. The orange train, inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles,” features Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack on one side, while Frozone makes a cool splash on the other.
- Take a spin on Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage or Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters. While these rides aren't new, you can't do Pixar Fest without riding the Pixar rides!
- Get the Pixar Fest Swag. Celebrate Pixar Fest with special merchandise that centers on friendship! You'll see “Finding Nemo” and “Finding Dory” souvenir light-up sippers and Pixar Fest friendship bracelets, available at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.
- Beginning June 8, the Pixar Pals Dance Party at the Tomorrowland Terrace in Disneyland will get guests of all ages mixing, mingling and dancing with some of their favorite Pixar pals. The dance party is an ideal time to get up close with Pixar characters such as Russell, Dug, Woody, Jessie, the Green Army Men and more.
- Spot Woody and Jessie in “it's a small world” ride!
- Get your picture with Merida from Brave.
- See the Pixar Characters appear in the finale of Fantasmic.
Pixar Fest in Disney's California Adventure
- Check out the “Paint the Night” parade: This nighttime parade features more than 1 million brilliant lights and is now making its way through Disney California Adventure. Coming in June, “Paint the Night” adds a new float inspired by “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2.”
- In the Paradise Gardens area of Disney California Adventure, guests will be dazzled by the TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra. The seven-piece band performs a fun-filled repertoire of songs from Pixar films. The percussionist uses unconventional instruments such as toys, cowbells, kazoos, duck calls, sirens and slide whistles.
- Catch a Pixar short! This is only around for a limited time so go early. Program 1 – April 13 through May 7, 2018For the Birds
- Draw your favorite Pixar characters at Animation Academy: In Disney California Adventure, guests will learn to draw their favorite Pixar characters such as Sulley, Dug, Edna Mode, Jack-Jack, Bing Bong and more with the artists at Animation Academy. Drawing classes typically occur every 30 minutes and guests may take home their art as a souvenir.
- Meet your favorite Pixar Characters in Pixar Pals. You'll be able to meet Buzz Lightyear and Woody, Russell and Dug, Flik and Atta, Mike and Sulley, and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible. Make sure to stop by Carsland to see Mater and Lightning McQueen.
- Have a dance party with the Cars in Carland for the DJ's Dance n' Drive.
- Discover all the fun that “a bug's land” and Carsland has to offer.
- Ride Pixar favorites like Toy Story Midway Mania! and Turtle Talk with Crush.
- Starting June 23rd you can experience the brand new Pixar Pier!
Pixar Fest in Downtown Disney
- Enjoy Pixar delights in Downtown Disney: Pixar fun expands to Downtown Disney with colorful Pixar-inspired topiaries in six different locations, plus a variety of Pixar-themed treats at Marceline’s Confectionery.
Get excited about the upcoming Disney Pixar Incredibles 2 hitting theaters on June 15th! Make sure you're following JaMonkey to catch all the great things we learned about when we visited Pixar Studios.