I'm a huge fan of Deadpool and what Ryan Reynolds continues to do with the character. I always leave the movie laughing, and Deadpool 2 is no exception. Here is my Deadpool 2 review and what you can expect to see from the merc with the mouth.
Should you bring your kids to see Deadpool? NO, but they are your kids so if you want to mess them up, by all means, have fun! The movie is rated R for intense violence and language throughout, sexual references, and brief drug material. While there isn't the same amount of sexual scenes in this film, there are some pretty gory ones that will have some parents hiding their own eyes.
- Bad Ass Chick – Domino stole the show for me. “Domino is a mutant with the ability to subliminally and psionically initiate random telekinetic acts that affect probability in her favor by making improbable (but not impossible) things to occur within her line of sight, thus causing her to have “good luck” and her opponents to have “bad luck” – From Marvel. She is the newest member of the X-Force team and a valuable asset to Deadpool. Played by Zazie Beetz (Atlanta), her confidence and ego rival Deadpool's making them the perfect pair to share the screen. Fans that love Wade's witty banter will enjoy the same from Domino.
- Pokes at DC and Marvel's Characters – “Pump the hate brakes, Thanos!” Josh Brolin stars in two Marvel summer blockbusters, and it seems fitting that Deadpool would make fun of this considering they are both Marvel characters.I mean, look at the final movie poster (top of this post), it is made to look like the Avengers Infinity War poster. Cable isn't the only one that gets a funny Marvel poke. In fact, you'll also get some comic pokes at the DC universe as well. There are no rules in Wade's book. Disney gets some pokes as well. Brolin's portrayal of Cable is fantastic and a very different character than Thanos. Where Thanos is calm and collected at all times, Cable is intense and fast.
- Cameos – During the first Deadpool movie Deadpool joked about the studio not having enough money to have other X-Men appear alongside Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead. The cameos in Deadpool 2 will not disappoint. Don't blink or you could miss them! Some of them will have you rolling on the floor.
- Love Scenes – Yeah, it's not something I thought I would be listing and I will say that at times I just wanted these scenes to hurry up and end. I think the softer side of Wade Wilson is something you had to achieve to understand his motives in helping the child. It's a complete 180 degrees spin on the relationship with Vanessa that you see in the first film where sex is the main focus. When it comes to superhero movies, I would rather skip the love and relationships and get straight into the action, but that's just me.
- X-Force – Everyone loves a single superhero but put a bunch together, and you have the makes of an epic team movie. The formation of the X-Force within Deadpool 2 is fitting because Deadpool is not to be upstaged. It opens the door for a bunch of great characters to be showcased in the film. I hope we will get more X-Force in future films, because this collection of hot mess Marvel characters is the thing of dreams for the humor seekers. I'm always hoping for more Negasonic action because she is a pretty impressive mutant, but we only get to see her in action for small amounts of time in both films.
- Some Wrongs Righted – We all know that Deadpool has been a passion project for Ryan Reynolds for a long time. In hindsight, we couldn't imagine Wade Wilson played by anyone else. Because of the massive success of the original Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds takes this chance to have his way with the character.
- No End Credit Scene in Deadpool 2 – I was actually shocked to see that there is no end credits scene at the end of Deadpool 2. There is a mid-credits scene, but nothing at the very end. I will say that if you decide to stick around until the final credit rolls, you will get a lovely song to sing you out of the theater.
- Gore – Deadpool is rated R for more than just the language. The action doesn't hold back when it comes to the gory truth about Wade's mutant ability. There were times in Deadpool 2 that I had to look away because it was pretty nasty.
- 4th Wall Breaking – We all know Deadpool is the master of 4th wall breaking, it's what made the first film so funny. While we still get this interaction with the audience, I feel like it isn't as much as it was in the first film.
- 5th Wall Breaking?– When you're no longer talking to Deadpool, but to Ryan Reynolds instead. You're welcome Canada.
What are you looking forward to most about Deadpool 2?