I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #HealthcareClinic
Everyone has one of those moments where they felt terrible or their babies feel terrible over the weekend when your normal doctor’s office is closed. Because that’s when it happens around my house for sure. Even if it is something small that you forgot about like a flu shot. That’s why I love having a Walgreens Healthcare Clinic Atlanta because I can pop in and out when my normal doctors offices are closed. I don’t even have a general physician any more because I never get terribly sick (knock on wood). When I needed my doctor it always took weeks for them to see me. Which isn’t going to work if I feel terrible or the kids need to get back to school.
Here are some of the things that have happened to me that I visited a Walgreens Healthcare Clinic to help me in a breeze.
- Severe Migraine– Every few months I suffer from debilitating migraines. They can be caused by hormonal shifts or even eye strain. I’m also allergic to aspirin so I am limited to taking the only Tylenol when I’m in pain, but it doesn’t work on migraines. I normally have to lock myself in my room and blackout the windows and any sound and sleep it off. But there are times that even that doesn’t work and I have to take a special medication that requires a prescription. I called my doctor and they told me I would need to make an appointment to be seen before they could renew my prescription. That wasn’t going to work for me. I’m hurting NOW! So I went straight to the clinic for them to help me. I was able to make an appointment online to cut down on my wait time. They wrote me a new script and I was able to break the migraine!
- Severe Earache- Earaches are the worst for adults and children alike. I had chronic earaches when I was a child that resulted in a burst eardrum and eventually tubes in my ears to help fix the problem. So anytime my kids have an earache I take them in immediately, a busted eardrum is not fun. Just a few weeks ago I had such a severe earache that I couldn’t chew my food or swallow because of the pain in my ear canal. It was a weekend so I just walked in first thing in the morning and I was seen right away. I even found out I wasn’t sick but simply suffering from bad allergy symptoms!
- Pinkeye- This is another thing I used to get as a child a lot so I don’t mess around when it comes to pinkeye. At the first sign of a crusty baby eye, I’m hauling it to the clinic! Those drops are a live saver in clearing it up fast. Because they will send your kiddos home from school for pinkeye.
- Fever – When your baby has a fever it’s the worst. You may get mad baby snuggles but in the long run, they can be scary. But instead of running to the ER (unless it’s crazy high), we pop into the Walgreens Healthcare Clinic to make sure that it isn’t something serious. Fevers are our body’s way of burning off and illness but when they persist for too long or stay high after you’ve taken medication it might be time for another look to make sure strep or the flu aren’t to blame.
- Physical- You know those moments when you forget to take your child for a physical for that sport that they are dying to play? I might be guilty of the last-minute physical. But I was able to make sure to the clinic and get it done with all her paperwork filled out in time.
It’s nice having a local Walgreens Healthcare Clinic around Atlanta. It makes my life easier when I can’t make it to a doctor’s office and I want my kids or myself to feel better now.
photo credit: Jessica Whittle Photography
Photo credit frankjuarez