Can you believe it is almost Fall!? My favorite time of year. Colorful leaves, pumpkin spice everything, school breaks and family gatherings are some of my highlights. This is a fun way to keep the kids occupied during Thanksgiving. These Turkey Popcorn Treat Bags would be a great treat to share at a school party. They are super easy to make and oh so adorable.
My kids are always bored during Thanksgiving because the adults are all busy cooking together. You can set the kids up at the table and let them make these treats.
Thanksgiving Turkey Popcorn Treat Bags
Reese Pieces (or your favorite mix of candies in fall colors!)
Googly eyes (these are stickers to make life easier)
Orange construction paper
Optional: Clear tape, Clear rubber bands
- Take one glove and fill the thumb with red candy pieces. Fill the remaining finger spots with yellow, brown, green or orange candies.
- Fill the middle of the glove with popcorn. Make it quite full so the popcorn is packed to keep the candy in place.
- Twist or fold the bottom of the glove (opening) to the back and use either glue or a piece of tape to secure it in place, so the popcorn and candy don't fall out.
- Add a googly eye just above the thumb.
- Twist the thumb down for the wattle. (optional: secure with clear rubber band)
- Cut out a beak using the scissors and orange construction paper. Spread a thin layer of glue on the back and secure it just above the wattle.
- Continue this process until the desired number of bags are completed.
Aren't these so much fun!? I would even consider making these for Halloween and passing them out to kids. The kids will love doing this fun project. I know a few people that love eating their popcorn with something sweet sprinkled in, so you can dump this in a bowl and mixe it all together for a yummy treat!
Where would you bring these fun turkey treats? Tell me in the comments.