I've been talking to anyone that will listen about Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Most years I feel sorry for the movies that go up against Disney's animated movies each year because they are the ones taking home the awards. Not this year. This year Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse jumped right out of the comic book and onto the big screen and I knew there was no competition. The animation style is unlike anything I've ever seen before and I was completely blown away. It's a masterpiece!
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (affiliate) is out on digital now and on Blu-ray/DVD March 19th.
But Spider-Verse goes beyond just being visually stunning, it brings representation to the forefront. The beauty of Spider-Verse is the multiple universe Spider characters. Miles Morales is an Afro-Latino teen. Spider-Gwen is a female. Spider-Man Noir is from a different older time period. Peni Parker is a 9-year-old Japanese-American girl. The over-arching message is that anyone can be Spider-Man, “anyone can put on the mask.”
Sony Pictures sent us a fun box with the movie and some shirts that we could decorate to look like the Spider-Man we imagine. Squish LOVES Peter Park while JaMonkey loves Spider Gwen. As she says, GIRL POWER!
Enter to win this awesome set below
Check out these great Spider-Verse clips!
Spider-Man Noir – “You want me to go full Cage?” Nicolas Cage.
Spider-Ham – Peter Porker
Bonus Materials Include:
- We Are Spider-Man: Exploring and celebrating one of the key themes of the film, We Are Spider-Man takes a deep dive into the diversity of the characters and aspirational core that any person from any gender or cultural background can wear the mask.
- Spider-Verse: A New Dimension: With a stunning visual style and state of the art animation designed to take the viewer into the pages of a comic, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse is not only a love letter to comic books but a groundbreaking take on the super hero genre. Hear from the artists and filmmakers who pushed the boundaries of the artform as they discuss their journey.
- The Ultimate Comics Cast: Enjoy this showcase of all of the fan favorite characters featured in the Spider-Verse and the spectacular cast who were chosen to bring them to life.
- A Tribute to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko: Celebrate the amazing legacy and powerful spirit of the creators of Spider-Man.
- The Spider-Verse Super-Fan Easter Egg Challenge: The Spider-Verse is loaded with Easter Eggs, from cameos to comics references. Fans are challenged to find them all!
- Designing Cinematic Comics Characters: A breakdown of all aspects of the character design including costume, movement in animation, and distinct powers for each character.
- Heroes & Hams: Meet the amazing Spider-people of the Spider-Verse.
- Scorpions and Scoundrels: Explore the classic villains who wreak havoc on the Spider-Verse.
- Alternate Universe Mode: In this all-new viewing experience, discover alternate scenes, plotlines, characters, and more with the filmmakers as your guide.
- 2 Lyric Videos
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee
- “Familia” by Nicki Minaj & Anuel AA (feat. Bantu)
- All-New Original Short “Spider-Ham: Caught In a Ham” It's another normal day for Peter Porker, a.k.a. the Spectacular Spider-Ham, fighting bad guys and loving hot dogs, until a mysterious portal starts messing with the very fabric of his cartoon reality.
4K Ultra HD Disc Includes:
- Feature film presented with High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound
- Also includes the film and special features on the included high-def Blu-ray
Win a Spider-Verse prize pack!
One winner will receive a prize pack that includes: (see video above for all contents)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Blu-ray
- 3 T-shirts in S, M, L
- Fabric markers
- Spider-Verse blind bag
- Sting Bag
*Spider Gwen doll not included. If the giveaway does no appear below this text please click here.