Any pizza, is a good pizza and this white chicken pizza recipe is just another favorite to add to my list. It’s made with fresh ingredients and homemade pizza dough. A few years ago I met up with a few bloggers and we made a fantastic dinner together. We all helped prepare it over a glass of wine and some great conversation.
Getting together with my friends, whether they are Georgia Bloggers that I’ve connected with or old friends from school, is a must. Life gets so chaotic sometimes and you just need a night to unwind and laugh with other adults. No small children yelling MOM! No spills to clean up. No laundry to fold. Just an evening to enjoy dinner without wiping out your iPhone to put on Elmo.
I think it’s time to start making a monthly date with my husband and then a separate one for my girlfriends. Two nights a month seems reasonable right?
Last month, while the kids were on Christmas break, they stayed with my in-laws for two nights. In those two night my husband and I squeezed 5 dates in. We went to dinners, lunches and even a bayou breakfast with beignets. It was a great time, but I think I gained 5 pounds.
I had never gotten together with friends to cook. It seems like a crazy idea if you are a homemaker and you just want out of the house. But you don’t have to worry about getting loud and rowdy in the restaurant because you’re visiting a friends (or hosting).
We prepared the dough ahead to that it could rise. You’ll also want to marinade the chicken for a few hours at the least. Rolling the pizza dough out with a rolling pin or by tossing it (if you’re good at that sort of thing, it would end up on the floor if I tried).
We made two pizzas with different toppings. The first we layered olive oil, minced garlic, marinated chicken, spinach and mozzarella cheese.
The second one we layered olive oil, minced garlic, diced tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, purple onions and mozzarella cheese. After baking the pizza at crazy high temperatures we sprinkled fresh parmesan cheese on top.
Serve with our other recipe creations, balsamic tomato salad and garlic knots.
What you will need
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt Marinade
- 5 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thinly
- 2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 <a href="http://www.jollymom.com/2010/05/homemade-whole-wheat-pizza-dough-recipe.html">Homemade Pizza Dough</a>
- Marinade chicken in Lawry’s Seasoned Salt Marinade (overnight is best, but a few fours will work).
- Cook chicken on grill pan until done and then shred.
- Roll out pizza dough very thin and brush the top with olive oil and add minced garlic.
- Add fresh spinach, mozzarella cheese, red onion, and chicken. Don’t overload your pizza with toppings–it’s best to keep it light.
- Cook your pizza on a pizza stone or quarry tiles in an oven that’s been preheated to 500 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown around the edges.