Need a little something on those chilly Halloween nights? How about a hauntingly good White Hot Chocolate with a drizzle of vampires blood on top? When I say vampires blood I really mean strawberry syrup. It’s the perfect drink for your Halloween gathering. You could put it into a crockpot to keep it warm while you’re out trick-or-treating for the evening.
This is just one of the recipes you can find on the Dixie Crystals Kids in the Kitchen website. They have fun recipes as well as crafts that you can do with your kids.
This was a fun one to make. I hope you have a Happy Halloween!
What you will need
- 4 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- Whipped cream
- Strawberry syrup recipe below
- Strawberry Syrup:
- 1 cup ripe strawberries cut in half
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, white chocolate, and salt to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until chocolate melts and comes to a simmer, being careful not to come to a boil.
- Ladle into mugs. Top with whipped cream and strawberry syrup.
- To make Strawberry syrup:
- Add strawberries, sugar, and water to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and let cook until the strawberries break down, about 5 minutes. Strain berries out and pour syrup into a jar.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
You might like these other fun Halloween foods: