Double, double toil and trouble, break out the potions and let the cauldron bubble! These cute cupcakes are a tasty treat for Halloween! Pipe on some flames and make fun cauldrons from fondant. You can make fondant bubbles or even use little candies in the cauldron for an extra crunch.
What you will need
Ingredients for cauldron
- 1 8 oz package of black fondant
- 1 8 oz package of neon green fondant 1 tube of neon green frosting
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup canola oil
- 2 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 4 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Red and orange gel food coloring
- 2 Cup Halloween sprinkles
- Pinch off about 2 Tbsp of the black fondant and roll into a ball.
- Using the ruffle fondant tool (the one with a round ball at the end), push into the middle of the black ball Work by using the same tool to create a deep hole in the center.
- Using your fingers, mold the ball into a cauldron.
- Using the neon green fondant, pinch off 2 tsp and roll into a ball. Repeat step with the neon green fondant and create different sizes.
- Squeeze the frosting into the piping bag and pipe dollop into the center of the cauldron Place the neon green balls around the green frosting to create a bubble look in the frosting Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the ingredients until combined.
- Scoop batter into the liners, filling about 3⁄4 of the way full. Bake for 21 minutes and then allow to cool completely.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream together until combined, smooth and stiff.
- Scoop 3⁄4 Cup of frosting into two bowls.
- Beat a few drops of the red food coloring into the first bowl and mix until combined.
- Beat a few drops of the orange food coloring into the second bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop the red frosting into one side of the piping bag and the orange on the other side. Set aside.
- Using the ice cream scooper, scoop a mound of white frosting onto the cupcake and smooth into a thick round disk.
- Coat the frosting in sprinkles.
- Pipe dollops of the red and orange frosting in the center to create a “flame” look.
- Carefully place the cauldron in the center.