Need a spooky treat to enjoy for Halloween or your next Zombie gathering? These zombie brain brownie cups are oozing with tasty goodness.
Zombie Brain Brownie Cups
- ¼ Cup cornstarch
- 8 oz white fondant
- 1 neon green gel food coloring
- 1 box brownie mix
- 3 Tbsp water
- ½ Cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup corn syrup
- Remove the fondant from the package and dust hands with cornstarch. Work the fondant until soft. Make an indent in the center of the fondant and add in a few drops of neon green gel food coloring. Work the food coloring into the fondant until completely dyed
- Using the painting brush, dust the inside of the mold with cornstarch.
- Pinch off about 3 tablespoons of fondant and press into the mold. Carefully remove the fondant from the mold and place onto a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat.
- Repeat steps for 11 more brains
- Allow the fondant brains to air dry overnight.
- Mix in a few drops of the neon green food coloring into the corn syrup.
- Using the smaller brush, dip it into the corn syrup and gently brush it over the brains. Set aside while you make the brownies.
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the mini cupcake pan with baking spray.
- Fill each cavity ¾ way full.
- Bake in the oven for 28-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Press the brownie in slightly with the back of the paintbrush or spoon to make the cavity bigger. Allow to cool completely.
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer. Whisk in a few drops of the neon green food coloring.
- Pour the hot cream over the white chocolate chips in a bowl. Allow to sit for 2 minute before whisking until smooth.
- Remove the brownie from the pan.
- Spoon on 2 tablespoon of ganache onto the top of the brownies and carefully place the fondant brain in the center of the ganache.